Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,160 Posts
But cop has no badge with him? Yeah, how likely is that.

Nemo

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
From the comments...

JoeRepublic said:
The dude is lucky he didn't end up with 2 in the chest and his dashcam mysteriously 'disappeared'. I wouldn't recommend trying this in most parts of the country, or even at all. Again, he's lucky this trooper was a level headed guy. Next time, he may not be so lucky.
When did the expectation "...don't annoy the public servant or he'll murder you in his official capacity..." become the societal norm? In the phrase "execute the public trust", I think someone's been using the wrong meaning for the word "execute".

How did this soviet garbage become the norm?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I pulled over a DeKalb officer last weekend. 95+ on I-285. She said she was late to work. She was stunned, but very professional. Unlike the guy in the video, I pulled around in front of her, stayed in my vehicle, interior light on, hands on the steering wheel, and waited for the officer to put her gun belt on (after she got out of her vehicle), and approach.

This wasn't the first DCPD officer I've seen running this fast. I even saw one run through a construction zone at 75 recently. I have followed up with DCPD Chief of Police. Hopefully I'll get a response.

I've also written to GSP about this and some other stupidness I've seen lately....including a motorist who did a 3 point u-turn on the interstate at the end of an acceleration lane and go back up the ramp.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Need more details... did you motion her over? Just slow in front of her? How'd the conversation go?

·
69,784 Posts
Mr. Iceman, have you ever been to jail before? Mr. Iceman?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Need more details... did you motion her over? Just slow in front of her? How'd the conversation go?
I had a pretty good idea where she was going, so I caught up with her as she exited the interstate, flashed my headlights, pulled up beside her at the traffic light, and motioned her to the gas station.

The conversation was very pleasant. I recognized the challenges law enforcement faces in today's society. I reminded her of the super speeder law. I asked if she would pull me over for doing what she was doing, she admitted that would make her a hypocrite and that they don't pull people over for speeding (hence my letter to GSP). I reminded her that she sets an example any time she is in uniform and/or driving a well marked patrol car. I asked her to think about the children that may have been in the cars she passed and the impression they get when the child's parent talks about how the cops can get away with breaking the law.

As I said, she was very professional, and stunned. But I feel like I made an impression on her. I didn't and don't feel the need to identify her and bring any additional grief to her. She is doing a job for a salary I would do or except. When I wrote to the Police Chief, I didn't identify her either.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Mr. Iceman, have you ever been to jail before? Mr. Iceman?
LOL No sir. And it isn't likely I'll do this again. I took a calculated risk, it turned out in my favor....this time.

However, as I was waiting for her to put her gun belt on, the thought did cross my mind WWMPD?

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,414 Posts
Just yesterday, I turned onto a road behind a police car behind another car. The speed limit there is 25. The first car went 25. The police car's brake lights showed its impatience. When there was a decent enough stretch of road, the police car passes across double-yellow lines. No lights or anything to indicate dire need to get somewhere.

I wished I was close enough to get the car number. I definitely would have reported.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
I guess I need to post the video of giving the Cherokee county officer what for at a red light last year. He was running upwards of 85 mph on hwy 140 between 411 and 41.

My wife videoed, I gave chase and called 911. Bartow nor Adairsville could get anyone in position to catch him in the 10 minutes it took for us to get from 411 to Adairsville but at the first red light we stopped and I gave him a pretty good butt chewing.

I then sent the video to Cherokee, they said it would be handled.

The guy was riding the back end of cars, passing on double yellows (though there was really plenty of room) and swerving heavily back and forth in his lane. At the light he was real cool, said "I work for Cherokee county, take it up with them". He was in an unmarked car.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Just yesterday, I turned onto a road behind a police car behind another car. The speed limit there is 25. The first car went 25. The police car's brake lights showed its impatience. When there was a decent enough stretch of road, the police car passes across double-yellow lines. No lights or anything to indicate dire need to get somewhere.

I wished I was close enough to get the car number. I definitely would have reported.
just what do you think reporting a cop to a cop does?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts