Cirque du Soleil Volta?

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by gungeek, Dec 26, 2019.

1. gungeek

gungeek Member

My wife gave me (us) VIP Experience tickets for Christmas to an upcoming show. It's under the big top at Atlantic Station. Anyone know if there's screening at the show or VIP area? I searched the forum and the only posts I could find were from 2010, and it was ok then, but a lot can change in 9 years. The Cirque du Soleil web site does not mention anything one way or the other.

2. gungeek

gungeek Member

Bump for visibility over the weekend.

3. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I'm sure there will be screening. It probably won't be very thorough, as they don't want to anger the crowd with long wait lines. Security theater as usual for these type events.

Carry small of back in a fully tucked holster with a cover garment so even if they look there they'll see nothing. Or ankle carry.

4. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

I've carried to many shows. They do bag check. That's about it.

5. Phil1979

That level of screening is pretty useless if you want to keep out bad guys with weapons. The silver lining is that some good citizens will be able to carry in their weapons.

6. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

The Toby Keith concert I went to in Charleston, SC a few months back was also pretty useless. Wanding (idiots) but I tucked my shirt behind my belt buckle before getting to the moron (normal sized buckle, not even a big ol' redneck buckle) and when it beeped the doofus just said "thanks for showing me what it was." I could easily have had my Ruger right behind it, especially if I got a big redneck buckle. Now, this was SC so I probably wouldn't have been carrying anyways, but same idea.

7. Phil1979

SC has been recognizing our GWL for awhile now.

8. gungeek

gungeek Member

9. gungeek

gungeek Member

Our tickets were last night. Total security theater. At the entrance they had bag checks and wanding, but it was the worst wanding I've ever seen. I was cc in the small of my back. The guy sort of wanded my arms and my butt, but the wand didn't alert so in I went.