Circumcision

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Circumcision, yes or no, and why do you give the answer that you do?

2. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Female genital mutilation? I'm all for it, it keeps things cleaner and reduces the tendency for masturbation.

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I say "no" although I have not researched it.
    I understand that it's not medically necessary, and any "problems" with infection under the foreskin are rare and easily treatable.
    My father was not circumcised, being born at home on a farm in the 1920s and delivered by his dad. No doctor, no nurse, no trained midwife. Just the family and older kids assisting.
    He didn't have any problems, as a kid or as an adult later.

He didn't report any women being freaked out at the sight of it and kicking him out of their beds!

Is circumcision terrible? No. Will the kid be traumatized by life for having it done? No, I don't think so.
    IF it benefited the boy to be circumcised, medically or socially, or spiritually, I'd say "do it" even if it's painful to the kid for a day, or a few days.
    But I don't think it benefits boys medically, socially, or spiritually.

4. 1911

1911 7 Year Member

:)
    I'm against it. It discourages it (sort of like getting married).

5. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

I didn't even know I had been circumcised until I started to date my college girlfriend. She was from Tel Aviv, Israel. She was also deaf and used sign language (she signed in Hebrew). She kept asking me, in sign, if I had been circumcised - except I did not understand what she was asking. She kept making a sign where she used one thumb to circle her other thumb and then motion like she was taking the upper part of the thumb off. I thought she was asking if the knob on my penis had been surgically removed. My answer, at the time was "Not just no, but hell no".

6. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

I did not walk for a year

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

This had me literally laughing out loud. :pointlol:

8. Tallbloke

Tallbloke Member

Nope. Me and mine are complete pricks. Being born in the U.K. Is not the norm to get snipped unless for religious reasons.

And for a laugh which is surprisingly accurate:

https://youtu.be/gCSWbTv3hng

9. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

My dad had to have it done for medical reasons at about age 60, and it was a decidedly unpleasant experience. According to his doctor, it wasn't an unusual thing to have to have done, either. I was circumcised as a baby, and so was my son. Neither of us will have to deal with that unpleasantness later in life.

10. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

I was circumcised, and I didn't walk or talk for over a year afterward.

11. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

No. [-(

My son was born 14 weeks premature at 26 weeks. He was born having problems with a septal heart defect, PDA, anemia, high bilirubin, and a grade 2 and grade 4 brain bleed. In addition to having probes and needles stuck in him six ways from Sunday, being intubated and having a feeding tube run up in his nose and not to mention his little head having to be cut open to put in a ventricular access device to drain the fluid off his brain from the brain bleed. I was not going to subject him to any further invasive procedure that could inflict more pain or an additional chance of infection.

When he gets older, if he decides he wants to have one, then I will take him to have one. It will also be a good chance to instill a lesson about decision making that with some decisions you make, the outcome is permanent.

12. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Adam ruined a very important part of my life. If I were a liberal I would be offended and have to go protest him.

Nemo

13. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

I actually told her "I'm not doing that ... nope. You will just have to find another boyfriend."

14. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

I'm against it for either gender until the individual decides they want it for themselves.

15. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I hear 99% of males who have it done can't walk or talk for around a year after it's done.

16. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Legacy beat you to that joke. Post #10.

17. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Must be nice to work at a sheriff's department and have free time to make dick jokes.

18. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Well, I didn't walk for a year or so later either!

19. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

No. Bring the—whole—baby home, as nature intended.

20. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I've never forgotten the botched circumcision case at Northside Hospital back in 1985.

That thought was on my mind when the female OBGYN asked me if I wanted my son circumcised. I politely edited my response before telling her NO.

There is no solid medical reason to circumcise any healthy infant. A few adult men may need to have it done later in life for medical conditions related to age or past poor hygiene, but that's no reason to have it done on a wholesale basis for infants.

If you're going to have it done, have it done by a skilled surgeon that uses a scalpel blade and not one of those high-powered electric tools.