Church's Chicken in Carrollton offlimits to carry

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by ICP_Juggalo, Jun 13, 2007.

1. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

I made the stupid mistake of eating at Church's Chicken the other night and noticed this sign at the entrance to the building. Stupid mistake meaning the service was god awful and the food was worse. Regardless of their policy I don't think I will ever be partonizing the restuarant again given the fact that after I ate, I was depositing my freshly eaten dinner into the toilet. :puke:

[​IMG]

Now how in the blue f :censored: k do they think they can enforce their policy on the sidewalk and on the property surrounding their own?

This was the Church's Chicken on H.W.Y. 27 in Carrollton next to the Handee Market and believe me when you see the type customers frequenting this place you will want to carry too.

2. ICP_Juggalo

Oh and BTW, I was openly carrying too. One of the ghett...customers asked my wife if I was a LEO...

Not a word was said by management.

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Crazy. I mean, those type of signs don't carry any legal weight above trespassing (after being warned) in GA, correct?

4. ICP_Juggalo

Correct, signs have no legal weight in GA. So you could carry to your hearts content until the mnagement saw fit to kick you out. I just find it ridiculous that Church's thinks they can enforce their policy beyond their property to the sidewalk and any parking lot surrounding theirs.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

ICP, you know it is against the law to carry there. O.C.G.A. 16-11-127 states that it is a pblic gathering. It specifically includes churches.

:lol:

6. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I was waiting for that.

7. Wiley

Wiley New Member

It's also very Chicken :censored:.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:rotfl:

9. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Interesting fact Church's Chicken is owned by Acapeda (not sure of the spelling) a Muslim real estate investment group.

Not that the above fact is relevant at all to the discussion at hand.

I haven't eaten at a Church's since I was a toddler. Thanks to ICP I don't think I will ever again.

10. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Made that mistake a few years ago...

It is off-putting to bite into a biscuit and get honey when you expect butter. (buscuit had honey brushed on the top instead of the near universal butter)

11. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

I ate dinner in the Churches in Decatur by the DeKalb Med center yesterday. Open carry. No one said a word.

12. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Well if I were there I would have definately told you not to eat there. :D

13. USMC - Retired

Can't help it. I'm a sucker for fried chicken. We go up there around once a month for some medical stuff for my wife. While the Docs with her I usually sneak out for a two piece. Open carry all the time, even in the med center. No one has ever said a word.

14. USMC - Retired

Yes the hospital is privately owned. I called and asked before the first time we went there. Yesterday while my wife was doing some paperwork there I was standing five feet in front of a security desk with an armed cop sitting in it. He never said a word and just gave me a nod when I happened to look his way.

15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I would never have guessed.

16. tace

tace New Member

The town I graduated HS from (only 9 months spent there, TG!) had one traffic light and 2 restaurants. One was Churches and the other was Hardees.

I am yet to ever walk into a Churches Chicken. Personally, I am partial to Popeyes!

17. ICP_Juggalo

:oops:

:cantsay:

:whistle:

:jail: :help: