Churches that allow weapons carry

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by commando, Aug 16, 2015.

1. commando

commando New Member

Is there a list of local churches that give permission to carry at there services?

2. commando

commando New Member

3. commando

commando New Member

I went to the link but didn't see anything but the laws about prohibited places. What I am trying to find is a list of actual names of particular churches that have given their members written permission to carry. I want to go to church but would like to be able to carry there legally. Thanks.

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Apparently, it is a fairly well kept secret. Churches that allow it don't seem to want to advertise it, and their members there agree to keep it mum.

Still waiting for someone to let the cat out of the bag. :lol:

5. commando

commando New Member

Well if anybody knows of one in the Cherokee/Pickens area and wants to PM me I would appreciate it and would keep it hush hush. They might get a new member.

6. YZ#58

YZ#58 Member

This is the stance my Church has taken.

7. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I believe many churches don't broadcast their pro-carry position. I donated some stuff to the Buford Church of God and, then they came to pick it up at my storage unit, they saw some of my firearms and supplies. We had a good discussion about 1911's while they were there. I've attended service there a couple of times and noted that people are carrying and the pastor definitely preaches from a pro-gun position, but I don't know if they have any formal, written policy as to parishioner carry...

8. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

I don't know of any churches that have voted to allow weapons carry, other than, I assume, the church that joined GCO as a plaintiff in GCO's lawsuit to have the prior version of the church carry law thrown out as unconstitutional (our efforts were unsuccessful, thanks to bizarre and logic-defying rulings by the courts).

I know that Southern Baptist churches let each individual church make a decision, but at my church they will not take up the issue, at least not in a way that is known to regular church members.

If the governing body of a church allows ANY private citizen with a GWL to carry in that place of worship, then legally that church is open to ALL licensed pistol-packers.

Without such affirmative action on the church's part, it's still a "crime" to carry in the place of worship, but it's not an arrestable offense. So does that mean it would be charged on a ticket? A senior law enforcement officer who regularly blogs about such jurisdictional issues has pointed out that a uniform ticket /summons/ accusation can only be used on certain kinds of offenses, and this ain't one of them. So how would you be "cited" or "charged" with a crime if you violated this law through licensed carry in a church that had not given permission? How would the charges be formally taken up by a court of law for trial? Would the Solicitor have to draw up an accusation and file it with the court?

9. wee

wee Member

Is written permission necessary.....? Our preacher said from the pulpit that he was OK with church carry, just not to have a shoot out in the church....Our church is very gun friendly, we have turkey shoots 2 or 3 times a year. Just this Saturday we had 25 or so members go to a gun class that was held by the local sheriff's office. They do encourage CC.

Brian

10. elevatorman

elevatorman New Member

Our chuck opted in the next day after the law went into effect. You are welcome to come worship with us. Summit Baptist Church Loganville Ga. http://www.thesummitchurch.com/

SleepyDragonfly likes this.
  11. commando

commando New Member

A little far for me to drive but thank you for the response. I'm glad to hear there is a church out there that walks the walk not just talk the talk.

12. Doc_Fry

Doc_Fry New Member

interested in knowing which churches in fannin county do allow it publicly or not.

13. commando

commando New Member

I would still love to know if anyone knows of a church that allows carry in the Cherokee/Pickens/Bartow area. Or anywhere close by.

14. wee

wee Member

I will ask the preacher this Sunday if it's OK to post our church as a pro carry place of worship....You will have to conceal carry and they want a photocopy of your GWL for their records. We are pentecostal so if Holy Ghost preaching, tongue talking, isle running, prayers for healing and good ole fashion worship are not your thing come on out anyway.....We can convert you.

Brian

15. stricnine

stricnine Awesome member

Lol this is awesome

16. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Uh, No. Y'all say a prayer for me but I will go somewhere else.

Nemo

17. stricnine

stricnine Awesome member

Also i would be interested in some ISLE running with say some beautiful costa rican women

But i think i will pass on the AISLE running with you, thanks though.

18. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

If you don't feel the Spirit moving you to dance or convulse in the aisles, fine, stand your ground and watch.
    Nobody says you have to get zapped with His Holy Spirit on any given Sunday, right?

19. wee

wee Member

Amen brother....I haven't ever ran the aisles or spoken in tongues and I can assure you I'm not looked down on because of it.....I was just letting Ya'll know what kind of worship happens at our church. It's the kind of church with a preacher that will get in the creek to baptize someone in the dead of winter if they ask....Suit and all.

Brian