Chuck's in Buckhead?

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by tace, Sep 6, 2007.

1. tace

tace New Member

Has anyone ever been to the gun shop in Buckhead called Chucks. Are they still in business?

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I love that store. They are moving, but yes, they are still in business. It combines two of my favorites - guns and books. They have the largest selection of which I am aware regarding volumes on hunting.

Cape Buffalo on the wall, too.

I have a $100 gift certificate. Thanks for reminding me.

3. M249

M249 New Member

Really? How are the prices? I work in the Financial District, and it'd be nice to look at some gun pr0n at the store formerly known as Galyan's.

4. tace

tace New Member

I stopped by this place yesterday. They have moved to across from Roxy, on Peachtree not Buckhead Ave. Their parking lot backs into the Hifi Buys parking lot.

It's a nice store with an upscale feel to it. Now, I know why MP likes the place :) Their semi-auto handgun display was small and cramped in the back of the store. Their prices were higher then some places but not sky high. Worse was that a couple of the guns I was interested in didn't have prices on the sticker and I didn't feel like asking the "manager". I didn't see an HK in there, but some nice looking SIGs.

I saw only one AR in the whole store, price not visible. They had a beautiful M1A Carbine in pretty much original condition for $2200+. Again, no price on the sticker, the manager had to be consulted.

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Did they require an ugly tie for admittance?