Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
74,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
p. 4 - the plaintiff described the burden this felony law has imposed, as he is unable to take bathroom breaks, buy food, or purchase gasoline, all of which things occur on private property.

· Super Moderator
74,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Certainly worth a read for so many reasons that this would be a long post describing them. One point with noting, however, is that outlier regulations are not going to suffice. The regulation needs to be an "American tradition," meaning consistently applied since 1791 throughout America, not, hey, I found some regulation from 1891 in Salem, Massachussetts.

That is a high standard to meet.

I wonder if higher courts will uphold that reasoning.

If so, I wonder what it means for nonviolent felons (an issue that so far seems to be no having any constitutional protection whatsoever, as in Martha Stewart is not even a member of "the people.")

· Super Moderator
74,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hochul used the law to rally support from voters despite this likely outcome. It is all crushingly predictable. Hochul won the election and yet another provision in the law was found unconstitutional. As a result, New Yorkers have once again strengthened Second Amendment precedent in support of gun rights.​
This author is unhappy about NY strengthening gun rights unintentionally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts