Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Tactical Statistician
Joined
·
13,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Christian Gun Owner's Prayer

Make me not the judge, oh Lord, but if your will, the executioner. Grant me a sound mind, willing heart, steady hand, and clear conscience. Amen.

.....I promise I was listening to the sermon in church yesterday.
 

·
Tactical Statistician
Joined
·
13,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was curious if anyone would comment on this. I was afraid religion might be too taboo for the forum. I was sitting in church Sunday thinking of my range meeting scheduled for right afterward with ls1ssdavid. during the prayer I was remembering in Saving Private Ryan the prayer the sniper always recited. I couldn't remember his words, but instead, made up my own version.
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,945 Posts
VOLGRAD said:
Christian Gun Owner's Prayer

Make me not the judge, oh Lord, but if your will, the executioner. Grant me a sound mind, willing heart, steady hand, and clear conscience. Amen.

.....I promise I was listening to the sermon in church yesterday.
I like it. We have had some heated religious discussions before here, but it has been a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,937 Posts
VOLGRAD said:
Adam5 said:
We have had some heated religious discussions before here, but it has been a while.
I AM NOT TRYING TO START ONE, SO PLEASE LET'S NOT..........
Why not? :(

As a follower of Yeshua, I've often wondered if I could actually kill someone. I can't imagine doing it.

It is not my desire that anyone die...

but I will defend the "innocent"...

...which doesn't include myself.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
69,784 Posts
Sigh. :| Since the New Testament was written in Greek, you realize those words occur nowhere in the original texts, right?

Anyway, he offered himself up as a sacrifice for our sins. Is that what you would be doing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,937 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Sigh. :| Since the New Testament was written in Greek, you realize those words occur nowhere in the original texts, right?

Anyway, he offered himself up as a sacrifice for our sins. Is that what you would be doing?
So martyrs were/are offering themselves as sacrifices for our sins?

Did Jesus' disciples do the wrong thing by not fighting back? :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,215 Posts
Prior to His crucifixion, Jesus revealed to His disciples the future hostility they would face and encouraged them to sell their outer garments in order to buy a sword (Luke 22:36-38; cf. 2 Corinthians 11:26-27). Here the "sword" (Greek: maxairan) is a dagger or short sword that belonged to the Jewish traveler's equipment as protection against robbers and wild animals. A plain reading of the passage indicates that Jesus approved of self-defense.
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,945 Posts
VOLGRAD said:
Adam5 said:
We have had some heated religious discussions before here, but it has been a while.
I AM NOT TRYING TO START ONE, SO PLEASE LET'S NOT..........
Where's the fun in NOT doing it? :twisted:

I'm suprised that Ramm didn't jump on this thread, since it's about a religion other than the FSM. Speaking of Ramm, has anyone heard from him lately?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,937 Posts
USMC - Retired said:
Prior to His crucifixion, Jesus revealed to His disciples the future hostility they would face and encouraged them to sell their outer garments in order to buy a sword (Luke 22:36-38; cf. 2 Corinthians 11:26-27). Here the "sword" (Greek: maxairan) is a dagger or short sword that belonged to the Jewish traveler's equipment as protection against robbers and wild animals. A plain reading of the passage indicates that Jesus approved of self-defense.
So, they did miss the boat?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
69,784 Posts
ahlongslide said:
SigP229 said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
You won't defend yourself? :?
I just thought he meant that he wasn't "innocent" :)
That is what I meant, but I like a good debate... unlike Volgrad :D
That's what I thought he meant. I was just being a smart aleck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,937 Posts
While we're halfway on the subject I have a theoretical question for my fellow Christians:

If you were by yourself in your own house and someone broke in with ill intent, how can you mentally justify eternally separating them from God by killing them rather than accepting death and Life?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,172 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Adam5 said:
Speaking of Ramm, has anyone heard from him lately?
No . . .
Believe it or not, and I don't, he claims to have a lady friend.

A young, hot, cute, sex-starved lady friend... Yeah! Sure! :rotfl2:

Now, I like Ramm.

Really!

He's a strange little dude, but he's cute in a weird sorta way.

Always entertaining!

So, he says he has a girl friend now and that's why he's not posting much. He's too busy, too much time spent with the GF, too much wild monkey :censored: ! Yeah! Sure!

Again, I say :rotfl2:

OK, maybe I'm being too harsh. I guess it's possible. Maybe? It's possible he could have found a girl even more desperate than him...

Naaah!!!! Girls that desperate are like Playmates; they don't exist in real life! Certainly not in Ramm's real life!

:smokin:

OK Ramm! Time to defend yourself! Should you care to do so...

:neener:
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top