Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...5610771579286344.html?mod=igoogle_wsj_gadgv1&

In a sign of the changing fortunes of the world's top two economies, China's biggest auto maker, SAIC Motor Corp., is negotiating to acquire a stake of about 1% in General Motors Co. worth about $500 million, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The U.S. auto maker also is prepared to sell more than $1 billion worth of shares to sovereign wealth funds in the Middle East and Asia. Combined, the sales would give foreign investors roughly 16% of the shares to be sold next week under an initial public offering of stock, and give them a stake of some 4% in the Detroit auto maker. GM declined to comment on the investment talks
The auto maker this week reported a $2 billion profit for the third quarter and said it is on track for its first profitable year since 2004, bolstering the company's prospects on Wall Street.
With a $2B profit last quarter GM should start to pay back the US taxpayers for bailing them out.

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
GM will never get any of my money.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Because they've got enough of it already and some I haven't even earned yet. I, too, refuse to buy GM vehicles.

·
Registered
425 Posts
To go along with the one they already have, I wonder how much of GMs bailout was borrowed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts