Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife relayed to me an encounter she had today.

While out to eat with my son at one of our local Chick-fil-As, her gun became briefly exposed as she was sitting down to eat. Apparently a woman seated at a table behind her took issue with seeing my wife armed, and asked to see a manager.

The manager comes over and my wife overheard the woman complain, "She has a gun on, shouldn't she have to leave because it's dangerous?"

The manager responds with, "Well she's not waving it around like a crazy person. She's obviously carrying to defend her family. As such, I'm not going to infringe upon her Second Amendment right. If it makes you uncomfortable, you're welcome to sit elsewhere."

The lady, who my wife said seemed close to her age, moved herself in the restaurant.

·
American
3,289 Posts
Good to know that Chic-fil-A employs reasonable people. Ever since they shifted from having family run the place I've wondered.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,176 Posts
They had their Cow-o-phobe thing today. Free sandwich or meal or something if you go in wearing cow attire.

Nemo

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Good to know that Chic-fil-A employs reasonable people. Ever since they shifted from having family run the place I've wondered.
They have a great staff, in the restaurants as well as main HQ. The family is still running things though. Truett's son, Dan is the CEO. His other son, Bubba, is Exec. VP. His daughter, Trudy, is Director of CFA Winshape Camp for Girls. His grandson, Andrew, is one of the Sr. VPs. That's just the senior HQ management. Many of Truett's family, even grandchildren & great- grandchildren at this point, work in various roles in the main office & in restaurants.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
They had their Cow-o-phobe thing today. Free sandwich or meal or something if you go in wearing cow attire.

Nemo
I knew this was coming today, but forgot all about it when I told Mrs Awanatech that I'd pick up CFA on the way home tonight. It was crazy full of cows when I walked in. I felt out of place in regular clothes with no spots on them. And no one batted an eye that I was openly carrying the whole time.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
@HCountyGuy , did your wife & son dress like a cow for their free entree today? Sounds like the manager handled it perfectly, just letting the lady know she was free to move if she wanted.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,176 Posts
I would have put on bull horns or something if I thought of it before I had dinner.

Nemo

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I would have put on bull horns or something if I thought of it before I had dinner.

Nemo
Lol that'd been great. As I was leaving with our order, I noticed they even had a table in the corner where you could make your own cow spots in case you forgot to dress up.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,906 Posts
So, the lady moved to a different spot in the restaurant? Maybe far enough way for any bullets to reach her in case the gun jumped out of its holster and started shooting? Or maybe that was just a "safe place" spot where snowflakes can pretend nothing bad can happen there? :lol:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Good to hear about the encounter! We tried to eat there yesterday on a whim but didn't want to deal with the crowds. It was only later we realized what was going on.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,414 Posts
On some other forum somewhere in the world, there's a post that begins

My wife relayed to me an encounter she had today.

While out to eat with my son at one of our local Chick-fil-As, I saw this woman and young boy come in. She had a GUN that she showed off the the WHOLE WORLD as she was sitting down to eat! I immediately called for the manager! ...
:)

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,906 Posts
She called for the manager, cause you just gotta call someone.

And when the manager refused to kick out the legally armed lady, the complaining sheep moved to another seat just because she had to do something to save face, after failing to control the actions of another person.

The complaint was not safety motivated at all, or else the sheep would have left the restaurant or at least called the police.

Sheep just can't stand it when others refuse to be sheep just like them.

·
Super Moderator
7,142 Posts

·
American
3,289 Posts
Had dinner at CFA. Was carrying and wearing GCO hat. Nobody called the manger on me. I feel so ignored. I was even dressed nicely. Do you think this holster makes me look fat?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.