Chick-fil-A hoplophobe

Discussion in 'Citizens Encounters' started by HCountyGuy, Jul 11, 2017.

1. HCountyGuy

HCountyGuy Active Member

My wife relayed to me an encounter she had today.

While out to eat with my son at one of our local Chick-fil-As, her gun became briefly exposed as she was sitting down to eat. Apparently a woman seated at a table behind her took issue with seeing my wife armed, and asked to see a manager.

The manager comes over and my wife overheard the woman complain, "She has a gun on, shouldn't she have to leave because it's dangerous?"

The manager responds with, "Well she's not waving it around like a crazy person. She's obviously carrying to defend her family. As such, I'm not going to infringe upon her Second Amendment right. If it makes you uncomfortable, you're welcome to sit elsewhere."

The lady, who my wife said seemed close to her age, moved herself in the restaurant.

2. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Good to know that Chic-fil-A employs reasonable people. Ever since they shifted from having family run the place I've wondered.

3. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

I like how that manager handled it. "...you're welcome to sit elsewhere".

Perfect!

4. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

They had their Cow-o-phobe thing today. Free sandwich or meal or something if you go in wearing cow attire.

Nemo

5. awanatech

awanatech Active Member

They have a great staff, in the restaurants as well as main HQ. The family is still running things though. Truett's son, Dan is the CEO. His other son, Bubba, is Exec. VP. His daughter, Trudy, is Director of CFA Winshape Camp for Girls. His grandson, Andrew, is one of the Sr. VPs. That's just the senior HQ management. Many of Truett's family, even grandchildren & great- grandchildren at this point, work in various roles in the main office & in restaurants.

6. awanatech

awanatech Active Member

I knew this was coming today, but forgot all about it when I told Mrs Awanatech that I'd pick up CFA on the way home tonight. It was crazy full of cows when I walked in. I felt out of place in regular clothes with no spots on them. And no one batted an eye that I was openly carrying the whole time.

7. awanatech

awanatech Active Member

@HCountyGuy , did your wife & son dress like a cow for their free entree today? Sounds like the manager handled it perfectly, just letting the lady know she was free to move if she wanted.

8. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I would have put on bull horns or something if I thought of it before I had dinner.

Nemo

9. awanatech

awanatech Active Member

Lol that'd been great. As I was leaving with our order, I noticed they even had a table in the corner where you could make your own cow spots in case you forgot to dress up.

10. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

So, the lady moved to a different spot in the restaurant? Maybe far enough way for any bullets to reach her in case the gun jumped out of its holster and started shooting? Or maybe that was just a "safe place" spot where snowflakes can pretend nothing bad can happen there? :lol:

11. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

i allways oc and always feel welcome at cfa

12. MewsicLovr

MewsicLovr Member

Good to hear about the encounter! We tried to eat there yesterday on a whim but didn't want to deal with the crowds. It was only later we realized what was going on.

13. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

On some other forum somewhere in the world, there's a post that begins

:)

14. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

She called for the manager, cause you just gotta call someone.

And when the manager refused to kick out the legally armed lady, the complaining sheep moved to another seat just because she had to do something to save face, after failing to control the actions of another person.

The complaint was not safety motivated at all, or else the sheep would have left the restaurant or at least called the police.

Sheep just can't stand it when others refuse to be sheep just like them.

15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, that's over on GeorgiaNoPacking.Org.

16. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

:rotfl2:

That is priceless.

17. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Had dinner at CFA. Was carrying and wearing GCO hat. Nobody called the manger on me. I feel so ignored. I was even dressed nicely. Do you think this holster makes me look fat?

18. diamondback

diamondback Member

Very nicely handled.

19. ABC3

ABC3 Member

That's a great franchise.