Chicago Drunken Cop Beats Woman

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_080060454.html

Is that the worst part? Or this:
    Or this?

2. Malum Prohibitum

Or this?

3. Malum Prohibitum

Another story. http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/03/22/barte ... index.html

The video from Jessie's Short Stop Inn Tavern, shown on television around the nation, shows the 250-pound Abbate shouting at the 115-pound bartender, then walking behind the bar and punching, kicking and throwing her to the ground. (Watch bartender's beating caught on tape )

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

64 thousand dollar question(s)

Draw?

Shoot?

My personal reaction would be to pull and when he starts coming towards me to shoot.

5. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

TOUGH question too.
    Except of course we & our firearms couldn't be in that BAR. :evil:

Hypothetically though, I agree. I would say draw & tell him to get the hell away from her. If he comes after me, then shoot. I know I can say that I was afraid for my life. I got 50 lbs on the bar tender but I'm tall & thin. Put me next to a 250 lbs cop & I think I can reasonably say he could kill me.
    BUT what if he ignores you & your gun? He's a cop after all right & no one would ever think to fire upon him... So he smacks this little girl around. At what point do you add a few onces to his weight? After one punch? When he kicks her when she is down? He doesn't have a deadly weapon but then again the guy is more than twice this girls size. You are going to seriously have to be able to defend your actions on this one. Though I hate to say it I think if the guy didn't come after me I would not fire until he had the woman on the ground & continued to hit her. At that point I would say I felt her life was in danger & I would do my best to remove him from the pool...

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Once she is on the ground and he hits/kicks her in the head I think that a reasonable man would assume he is using deadly force against her, which can be met with deadly force.

7. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Seems more like department policy to get into drunken fights than an anomaly from a bad cop:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,261129,00.html

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Sucks to live there.

9. Sharky

Sharky New Member

after a few visits to that city, I sure as hell wouldnt live there.

10. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

And that article from the retired leo & his comments about the average Il cop. It really sounds like that state just kinda sucks. I bet the Chicago cops start paying LOTS of attention to which places have security cams & which don't. :lol:

11. merlock

merlock New Member

I hope that asshat gets some cell time. :evil:

12. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Maybe you should remind him that Cingular/AT&T has rollover minutes. :wink:

Seriously, this guy needs to pay.