Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not in Law Enforcement, so I am not familiar with the internal ethics involved with being a Sherriff or even an LEO. This story grabbed my attention though.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/cherok ... 97240.html

Police pulled over McGowan, who is the public information officer for Cherokee County Schools. According to the incident report, McGowan told the officer he was coming from Sheriff Roger Garrison’s house and that he was wearing the sheriff’s pants. Police found six Michelob Ultra bottle caps in the front pants pocket and two empty bottles of the beer on the truck's floorboard.
So, he told the officer he was driving home from Sherriff Roger Garrison's home, while he was wearing a pair of pants that belonged to Sherriff Garrison.

Later, in the article, it is explained that this was a misunderstanding:

“I didn’t say I was at the sheriff’s, I said I was there the other evening,†he said.

McGowan said he stayed at Garrison’s house during the snowstorm that hit Cherokee County two nights prior. He borrowed the pants to have fresh clothes.
So, in his dire need for fresh clothes, he wore the pants for three days?

Or, was he driving home from Roger's house but later decided, oops, that is my buddy and this could get him in hot water, so I will just say the officer misheard me?

What do you think? It wasn't Roger driving drunk, I know, but this is sure a strange one. Sort of like a cocktail party in Cobb where a certain judge got a bunch of kids drunk in her home ..... just saying.

·
I watch the watchers
12,886 Posts
Simple mistake, could happen to anyone. C'mon who hasn't woken up from a fun evening and grabbed a pair of pants only to find out later that they were another man's?

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
http://thecantontimes.com/2011/01/07/sc ... omment-861
guy in comments said:
Scott Johnson January 7, 2011
OUT ON HIS EAR he should go, and with a kick in his borrowed pants to help him along!

A person with even ONE DUI conviction should NEVER be allowed to be the public face of a school system. Someone with two DUIs shouldn't even be driving.

I wonder how many times his friendship with Sheriff Garrison helped him avoid tickets, before he finally encountered a cop who put the law first?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts