Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen any recent Cherokee county posts in awhile so figured I'd share my experience.

12/11/17 - Went to the probate court on to apply. I already had my form filled out in advance so I only took me about 5 minutes by the time I stepped through the door to the time I was being finger printed. Everyone at the probate court was extremely nice and helpful (we'll get to the helpful part later).

12/15/17 - Received a letter from the probate court dated 12/13/17 stating I was pending a denial if I couldn't submit a certified letter of disposition on an event that happened 8 years ago. I had 60 days to submit said documents. I called the probate court asking what exactly was the event and what they needed from me. The lady at the probate court was very friendly and helpful with all my questions and many phone calls to them within the next few days while I tried to track down the case. After about a week I finally tracked down what they needed and it came in the mail 12/26/17.

12/27/17 - Went to probate court to submit documents but they were closed. Go figure.

12/28/17 - Went back to probate court to submit documents and again lady at the counter was very friendly and told me she'd hand it to the judge as soon as he comes in.

12/29/17 - Permit was issued

01/13/18 - Permit came in the mail and I was smiling ear to ear and couldn't contain my excitement.

I tried to apply for my carry permit about 6 years ago while living in Gwinnett county but was denied. When I called to ask, no one was willing to help and wasn't even given a chance to understand why I was denied. Which is why I'm so excited now that I've been approved with permit in hand.

I honestly believe I would have gotten it within a week if I hadn't had the issue with my background check.

·
American
3,289 Posts
Welcome aboard. Being a Cherokee resident that escaped from Fultonistan I have had similar positive experiences with everyone at the Cherokee Probate Court.

·
American
3,289 Posts
Yes, this organization helped change all that many years ago now. The important part is that Cherokee's Probate Court is following the law in a timely manner with grace and professionalism. Let's focus on that and, in contrast, the counties that still resist complying fully with the current laws of the state.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told it would take 2-3 weeks for my permit to come in after I was done getting my finger prints. In their defense, that was a true statement had I not have that little snag with my background check.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.