Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Christopher from Royston, GA. I am engaged and we have a little boy born Feb. 19th 2010! I plan to become a member for GCO, just wanted get acquainted before making my first pistol (or firearm for that matter) purchase! My father was never much of a gun-wielding man, though we're Irish, we're lovers, not fighters lol. I've had an interest in firearms for as long as I can remember. I was passed down a .22 rifle from my grandmother that belonged to my grandfather. I never got to shoot it as it's stashed in my parents place. A few months ago I was given the opportunity to shoot my cousins AR-15 and Springfield XD40 - boy was it fun! Well, I guess that's the conclusion. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Welcome from Lawrenceville :righton:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Welcome to GPDO!
:righton:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Xport7 said:
Hey guys! Christopher from Royston, GA. I am engaged and we have a little boy born Feb. 19th 2010! I plan to become a member for GCO, just wanted get acquainted before making my first pistol (or firearm for that matter) purchase! My father was never much of a gun-wielding man, though we're Irish, we're lovers, not fighters lol. I've had an interest in firearms for as long as I can remember. I was passed down a .22 rifle from my grandmother that belonged to my grandfather. I never got to shoot it as it's stashed in my parents place. A few months ago I was given the opportunity to shoot my cousins AR-15 and Springfield XD40 - boy was it fun! Well, I guess that's the conclusion. Any help is appreciated!
Do you have any connections to Tye Cobb?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
slammy said:
Xport7 said:
Do you have any connections to Tye Cobb?
I would say I wish, but I heard he was a mean guy. In fact, I haven't even visited the museum yet but plan to sometime... I am originally from Madison County and frequented Athens. Thanks all for your welcomes! I feel very at home :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome from Rabun County! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So with the GCO membership, I get a card? Do I get a few stickers to place around? :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome from Hartwell!!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I suggest heading over to Guns and Gear in Lavonia and checking out their rental selection and trying several different pistols to see which best suits you. For a carry gun I would suggest looking at the S&W M&P line, Glock, and Springfield. This is based on personal preference so I would rate them in that order. If you get to Athens much there is also the Firing Lane which has some rentals for you to try. There is a great shop a little south of you called Sporting Arms in Winterville.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Welcome from Marietta.

:righton:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts