Check this out! Very happy about this...

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GunCrazed, Jul 22, 2007.

1. GunCrazed

GunCrazed Guest

I went down to my mom's in Buchanan this weekend. While down their, I took my Marlin .22 Magnum rifle and got the chance to see how well I still shoot.

The pictures below are of the results. There are 3 holes (1 at the top, 1 on the left side, and 1 on the bottom) which are nail holes... don't confuse them for misses. :lol:

The shooting was at 125-130 yards out, which I know isn't as far as some of you fellas shoot... but it made me happy. 3 shots at the 4 surrounding targets and 6 at the middle target. Each target is about the size of a half dollar:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

Nice shooting Guncrazed. What type scope and brand of ammo are you using?

3. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

nice shooting, you really drove some nails on the lower right target.

4. GunCrazed

GunCrazed Guest

Triggerman, the ammo was Remington brand... 50 rounds for $15 at Wally World. The scope is a Tasco Buck Sight 3-9x 40mm.

slabertooch, that bottom right target was by far my favorite. I walked down to check it and thought, "Holy hell! Did I just do that!?"

5. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

Nice shooting, and 125 yards is plenty long for a .22mag like that.

6. GunCrazed

GunCrazed Guest

thank ya :)

I brought it back to the house and was running around showing everyone... of course, my mom was like, "is that good?" I had to give her a 15 minute lecture on what it means to shoot groups like that.

7. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

yep, that one would go on my door, until I shot a better group. heck I still have my range data book from back in 2001 when I shot a pre-qual score of 62/65. very proud of that day, didn't drop anything until 500yrds, and they were just off the left shoulder.

8. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Yeah, I would definitely be proud of that.

9. Claire

Claire New Member

AH Fun day! WTG :)

10. tj2000

tj2000 Guest

Ok,
    Is this a trick photo or what?
    I know I am getting old, but that sure looks like an awfull big bore on that rifle to be a 22 magnum.
    Just a thought.
    :shock:

11. ber950

ber950 Active Member

TJ its counter bored if you look real close you will see the small hole in the dark.

Got me at first too. Old man eyes.

Gun Crazed thats very good shooting for 22 mag at 125yds. Remind me to never tick you off.

12. GunCrazed

GunCrazed Guest

hahahaha! thank ya ber950

It does look like a larger bore size because of the angle of the picture. But like Ber950 said, look a little bit closer and you can see it.

13. tj2000

tj2000 Guest

Well,,,,,,

If I can't see it in the light then I really can't see it in the dark.
    Sorry.....................
    :oops: