Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two deer in this picture of a GCO sticker, see if you can find them. This was an inadvertent placement, but I think it works out quite well. Oh yeah, about the deer. Busted these two this morning on the mountain. I shot the little one at 7:45am and was waiting for my buddies to finish up hunting when the mac daddy came out! I thought I missed because he took off like his hind-end was on fire, but he piled up 200 yds later. Federal Fusion 165 gr. in .308 Win did the trick. My first ever wallhanger!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spotco2 said:
That one looks a little on the thin side :lol:

Great pic!
:lol: I could have only wished that he was that "thin" when I had to drag him back to an accessible area for the ATV.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Good job. I heard a shot this morning...I was trying to sleep in.....

I'm pretty sure I saw the big one early this week up on MM. The little one I don't remember(he should be memorable with the missing point).

What .308 are you shooting?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Looks like someone had a great morning.
Congrats on a couple of nice bucks, and filling the freezer.

·
69,149 Posts
I have never even seen a buck with antlers the size of either one while hunting, and you shoot two in one morning? :soapbox:

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
MP said:
I have never even seen a buck with antlers the size of either one while hunting, and you shoot two in one morning? :soapbox:
I guess you haven't hunted in the mountains before.

I'll bet he would have let them both walk, had he not been wanting to fill his freezer before Thanksgiving. :p

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mountainpass said:
MP said:

I'll bet he would have let them both walk, had he not been wanting to fill his freezer before Thanksgiving. :p
Should have let the little one walk, but I didn't expect to see that big bruiser either! That 8 pt is a shooter and no way he was walking :shoot: :minigun: :flame: sorry if i woke ya up. I saw 5 bucks that morning, shot 2 of them. that means no more hunting for antlered deer, but it ended on a great note. Just dropped him off at the taxidermist today. Think I am going Offset upright...who knows?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mountainpass said:
Good job. I heard a shot this morning...I was trying to sleep in.....

I'm pretty sure I saw the big one early this week up on MM. The little one I don't remember(he should be memorable with the missing point).

What .308 are you shooting?
I forgot to answer the firearm related question, sorry about that.
I shoot a Savage 99F that was made in 1957. Sweet rifle and it has never
failed me! I had a buddy who wanted to trade a ruger compact .308 but some
good advice kept me from doing it. I plan on handing it down to my son when he is of age/prepared.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
great job man!!!

·
Just a Man
6,061 Posts
Very nice morning you had. The 8 pointer is quite a prize. Congratulations!

·
69,149 Posts
jtexaslonestar said:
mountainpass said:
MP said:

Should have let the little one walk, but I didn't expect to see that big bruiser either! That 8 pt is a shooter and no way he was walking :shoot: :minigun: :flame: sorry if i woke ya up. I saw 5 bucks that morning, shot 2 of them. that means no more hunting for antlered deer, but it ended on a great note. Just dropped him off at the taxidermist today. Think I am going Offset upright...who knows?
I need to find out where you hunt! I rarely see bucks at all.

I just tell people that I am a meat hunter, but it is :bsflag:

:lol:

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
MP said:
Well looking at the emblem on the bedliner I'd say he's in it for the trophy's.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
I need to find out where you hunt! I rarely see bucks at all.

:lol:
moutainpass knows where. :lol: and there are plenty of deer to be seen most of the time. I have only been skunked twice in five years. I def. play the meat hunter card, and it is true to an extent, BUT there is something about a nice rack. :woohoo: :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts