Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a FFL in the metro Atlanta area. Any suggestions on someone who is affordable and pleasant to deal with?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Your quest begins and ends with Cherokee Gun and Pawn up in Canton. Nice folks, very easy to deal with and you will NOT be able to beat their FFL transfer fee, cause it is FREE.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I know about them and have actually purchased firearms from them at gun shows but they are like an hour outside of the city. Wouldn't justify a bunch of gas and 2 hrs on the road.

Thanks for the recommendation though.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
OK. Sounds like what you are really looking for is someone inside Atlanta proper, i.e. inside the City of Atlanta. Perhaps you should have said "Inside the Perimeter" (ITP).

"Metro Atlanta" to me implies a much larger area.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think people that live ITP have a much narrower definition of the metro area than those outside of the perimeter. I share the OP's definition :lol:.

To answer the question, the lowest and one of the few ITP ffl transfers just so happens to be the newest. Quickshot shooting range near Emory has a transfer fee of $25. I have not been in person but everyone says the staff is ultra-friendly. I've called there once and didn't sense any 'tude. I'm probably going to purchase a membership once the 25-yard ranges are completed since it's less than 2 miles from my home. Otherwise the remainder of the ITP FFLs are higher priced or have absurd conditions. Chandler Rd Pawn is something like $50, Chuck's in Buckhead won't transfer if they sell the gun or manufacturer, Palmer Tactical is $35 I think but it seems to depend on who in the store you ask.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
rasputin said:
To answer the question, the lowest and one of the few ITP ffl transfers just so happens to be the newest. Quickshot shooting range near Emory has a transfer fee of $25. I have not been in person but everyone says the staff is ultra-friendly. I've called there once and didn't sense any 'tude. I'm probably going to purchase a membership once the 25-yard ranges are completed since it's less than 2 miles from my home.
I'm a member at QuickShot, and it's a great range with wonderful staff; usually one or more of the owners - Tyler, Mike, or Jan - are there working behind the counter. I'm sure they would be more than happy to arrange your transfer for a reasonable fee; I know it's $20 for members, don't know how much (I think rasputin said $25) for non-members. Call and ask - (404) 963-1962. If you're a GeorgiaCarry.org member, thank them too - they're working hard distributing G.C.O. literature for us.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Quickshot must have caught wind that they were the cheap game in town... Just called. $50 :(

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
JeF4y said:
Quickshot must have caught wind that they were the cheap game in town... Just called. $50 :(
Ouch! Mr pawn in Lilburn. Not too far OTP, and I believe they do transfers for $10.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Think I'm just gonna trek up to Cherokee. They're $0.00 and I've never been there before. May find something else I'm interested in while I'm there.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
JeF4y said:
Think I'm just gonna trek up to Cherokee. They're $0.00 and I've never been there before. May find something else I'm interested in while I'm there.
I've used them twice, and they're super nice and helpful.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used Range & Guns in Forest Park. 25 Bucks and they didnt seem bothered I found a better deal then at there store.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Just outside the P in Sandy Springs is
Brad's Guns
Atlanta, GA 30328
Fee: $20 for Title 1 & $100 for Class 3

I use him for all my online auctions.
PM me for his email If you are interested.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts