Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://chatugegunclub.com/files/nl1010.pdf
Wanna Get Up-To-Date with the NEW Georgia Carry Laws?
Here is a chance to get the straight scoop on the NEW laws pertaining to Concealed Carrying of firearms (SB308). There will be a forum presented by the Chatuge Gun Club discussing this topic on 26 October at 7 pm in the Glenn Auditorium at Young Harris College. That is the building on the right after passing the Post Office. The forum will have a panel to go over the new law and how it affects those of us that have a carry permit.
The panel will consist of the ensemble charged with applying and enforcing this law. Panel members will be: Rep Stephen Allison, Sen. Jim Butterworth, John Monroe attorney for GeorgiaCarry.org, Towns County Sheriff Chris Clinton, Enotah Circuit District Attorney Jeff Langley and Chief Judge Enotah District David Barrett.
Rep Allison and Sen. Butterworth sponsored the bill and helped get it passed and are intimately familiar with it and other proposed legislation.
GeorgiaCarry.org (John Monroe) was the chief lobbyist of this legislation and continues to push for expanded gun rights in Georgia. Sheriff Clinton has the responsibility to interpret and apply the law. DA Jeff Langley determines the validity of the situation and Judge Barrett is the final word. SB308 will be discussed “cradle to graveâ€, so to speak.
This would be totally non-political and discussion would be limited to SB308 along with past and future gun legislation.
This forum is free and available to all citizens interested in proper handling of personal firearms in lawful and safe comportment in accordance with SB308. Questions for submission to the dais should be written on a sheet of paper and submitted to the greeters at the door to the auditorium upon entering.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is tonite folks.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
i wished i hadnt just found this mountain. I would've love to attend this but sadly leaving work theres no way I'd make it to north GA state line that fast.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
TippinTaco said:
i wished i hadnt just found this mountain. I would've love to attend this but sadly leaving work theres no way I'd make it to north GA state line that fast.
I think it would be OK to be fashionably late. :wink:

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
GooberTim said:
TippinTaco said:
I think it would be OK to be fashionably late. :wink:
I would attempt it but thats seriously a long drive from Alpharetta not to mention fighting the traffic all the way there. In an ideal world i wouldve worked from home today and left early, grabbed dinner near by and then attended the SB308 roast

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want to thank the good folks at the Chatuge Gun Club for inviting us and letting me set up a table(acutally they even helped me set up and gave me their table as it was longer). I signed up 5, and one member renewed. Despite the bad weather a crowd of 160 showed up seeking information about SB308. I've worked gun shows before, but never have people flocked the table like last night seeking applications and information flyers.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
This was indeed a good event last night. I want to thank Jeff publicly for setting up the table, and John for answering questions on the panel. I was there for moral support. :D

Seriously, it was good to see so many out on a terrible night, interested in their 2A rights.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Drove up from Griffin and picked up a few folks along the way. A great time was had by all. We need to do this again soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts