Chatham County "GFL"

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by jdh31313, Sep 29, 2010.

1. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

I saw a co-workers newly issued "GFL" today. Yup...I said GFL and it even has the info on the back of the card pertaining to the PG law. I told him that the law on the back was no longer valid and he asked "then why is it there?" I told him the law changed in June and maybe the county hasn't got around to changing the card over to the new format. I just thought some might find this interesting.

2. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

yep, the legal system itself is issuing materials that are legally inaccurate.

3. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Knowing Chatham Co., this co-worker of yours who just got their GFL probably applied for it before the law changed. Not that this matters, just as the time frame set out for issuing doesn't matter to Chatham Co. it seems.

4. sirkut

sirkut Member

Not a shocker, also on the probate court page it's referred to as a "(CONCEALED WEAPON PERMIT)"

5. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Even DeKalb County took the old PG law off the back right after the law change (its still a GFL though).

6. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

Nope...I asked and he lost his GFL and had to replace it. Now I thought this was also interesting...he told me that it took almost two weeks to obtain the new "GFL". I was thinking that a replacement was more instantaneous.

7. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Did he asked for a temporary license while he was waiting for his permanent replacement?