Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you know anyone who had a back ground check done on March 11 at the Chatham County Sheriff's Circus ,tell them to take their receipt and go re-do it. I had to pull my annual background check so I ran down on the 11th and got it done. They say 3-5 days normally (takes Bryan county about 10 minutes) and with it being St. Patty's day the next WEEK I figured they would be late so I called today. They LOST every single background check for the 11th. Blatant disregard for state law on licensing times to begin with and top it off with LOSING the paperwork for an entire DAY? Chatham county Sheriff's office administration sucks and is an embarrassment. They are lazy, late, disrespectful and now just downright incompetent. :evil:

·
Registered
880 Posts
mathar1 said:
If you know anyone who had a back ground check done on March 11 at the Chatham County Sheriff's Circus ,tell them to take their receipt and go re-do it. I had to pull my annual background check so I ran down on the 11th and got it done. They say 3-5 days normally (takes Bryan county about 10 minutes) and with it being St. Patty's day the next WEEK I figured they would be late so I called today. They LOST every single background check for the 11th. Blatant disregard for state law on licensing times to begin with and top it off with LOSING the paperwork for an entire DAY? Chatham county Sheriff's office administration sucks and is an embarrassment. They are lazy, late, disrespectful and now just downright incompetent. :evil:
Not so sure how you can lose paperwork unless an inmate worker threw them in the trash? Seems iffy to me.

·
Not Tacticool
648 Posts
Get a written and signed statement from someone there saying what happened and fax it to the Georgia AG. Include your proof of Back ground check IE receipt, and simply ask if your personal information is safe.

At least that is what I would do I am not a lawyer, but if a LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY loses whole day worth of files I would be worried.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sirkut said:
Not to mention sometimes people do opt in and write their SSN on the documents.
On the background check I needed the SSN is not an option. It HAS to be included so that means my extremely personal information is only God knows where. :roll:

·
Registered
880 Posts
mathar1 said:
sirkut said:
Not to mention sometimes people do opt in and write their SSN on the documents.
On the background check I needed the SSN is not an option. It HAS to be included so that means my extremely personal information is only God knows where. :roll:
Oh that's really reassuring. Yikes!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Given what has been posted online from St. Patty's day involving a SCMPD officer, I'd say all the paper work didn't get lost. It was probably "misplaced", along with other things, to slow down a pending police brutality investigation.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hunley said:
Given what has been posted online from St. Patty's day involving a SCMPD officer, I'd say all the paper work didn't get lost. It was probably "misplaced", along with other things, to slow down a pending police brutality investigation.
Well SCMPD and Chatham County Sheriff's Department are separate entities, not so sure that is the cause.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts