chat?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by blind_shake, Jul 30, 2007.

1. blind_shake

blind_shake Active Member

Why doesn't anybody use the chat on here?

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Not sure. Used to be full every night. It didn't work right for me in Orlando...for some reason.

3. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Honestly...I've never noticed it. :oops:

4. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

I'm usually logged into my IM's. Yahoo Messenger, AIM, etc.

Rarely even check out the chat feature here though...

5. M249

M249 New Member

What, so I can be insulted in real-time with precious little time to think of a snappy comeback? Hah! :D

6. HannitizedRushBaby

HannitizedRushBaby New Member

Good question. GG and a few others encouraged me to chat w/ them when I first join the site... but I never seen anyone in the chat anymore.

Although I'm like asbrand... I am usually on AIM and Yahoo.

7. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

+1

My train sometimes takes a few moments to get up to speed. :)

8. merlock

merlock New Member

Sometimes mine doesn't even leave the station. :?

9. fallison

fallison New Member

I think mine is rusted to the tracks most times.

10. HannitizedRushBaby

HannitizedRushBaby New Member

I must smell or something...

I have entered the chatroom a couple of times lately hoping to spur some activity... and nothing. *sniff* I see how it is...

Just kiddin'... I just thought it might revive the chatroom for people to see someone hangin' around in there. Oh well... I can take a hint! :wink:

11. blind_shake

15 members online and no chat...well I will be on.

12. blind_shake

Chat would be a good feature so people dont hijack threads to banter back and forth. I go in while i am reading just to say hi but not one goes in there. I think if we did though its would streamline some of the threads. I know not everyone can get online at the same time....

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'm a recovered chat addict. There was a time that I spent 8-9 hours a day, 7 days a week in chat rooms. On the weekends, I would log on Friday after work, and sometimes not out until I had to go to work Monday morning.

I avoid them now.

14. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I agree. I try to check UNREAD posts fairly frequently throughout the day to find new info., only to find a ton of the new posts are just emoticons or banter unrelated to the topic.

I AM IN NO WAY CRITICIZING ANYONE. Continue to do as you please. It just means I miss some of the good stuff because I am sorting through the other. No big deal, just an obervation from an outsider/newcomer.

I would still like to see a CHECK ALL AS READ option on the top of the list of UNREAD POSTS. This would make it quicker, easier to mark things as READ than having to switch back to the INDEX and the SCROLLING down to the bottom to check them all READ. I know that is petty but you have to keep in mind, some of us have to sneak peeks at the board during the day while we are at work. Anything that makes it easier means more time reading and posting.

15. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

On the main page it is on the bottom left.

In individual forums it is on the top right.

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I think he knows that, but he'd rather it be in one location. That's how I'm reading it, anyway.

17. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Yes, on the unread posts page :)

18. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

You are correct. I do know where they currently are. What I would prefer is this - I click into Forum and then check View Unread Posts. The list of new Posts comes up. I visually scan them and see none I am following (or interested in reading based on topic). At that time, from that screen I think it would be great to have a button either right next to the Firearm Discussion Forum Index button [or on the right side parallel to it so as not to accidentally hit the wrong button] so I could mark them all read from there. This would be faster than clicking back to the Index, then having to scroll to the bottom to click the button to Mark All Forums Read.

Just a suggestion. Like I said, I am usually having to be sneaky about reading the Forum at work. Let's call it CR (concealed reading), as opposed to OR (open reading). Neither is better, just different. !LOL!

19. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

But how can you let others know about their right to slack off if you are CRing? Clearly, OR is superior.

20. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Get in da chatroom, ye Sunday morning browsers.