Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Senior Mumbler
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please take the time to read the entire article at https://www.allenbwest.com/2017/08/...ly-happened-charlottesville-everyone-missing/. Here's a few paragraphs of it.

First, may God rest the soul of 32-year-old Heather Heyer who tragically lost her life. My sincere condolences to her, her family, and those others who were injured. I fully support seeking the death penalty for 20-year-old James Alex Fields Jr. of Ohio who committed this horrific act of violence. But, how did we get to this place?

This all began because someone decided, as other elected officials have across the country, to cave in to partisan political pressures and seek to erase American history. History is not there for us to love or hate, but for us to learn from and seek to not repeat its mistakes.

If there are those who truly believe we protect ourselves by trying to revise history due to false emotions, then we miss out on who we are as a nation, and our evolution. The statues of long since deceased leaders of the Confederate Army do not stand to remind anyone of oppression. And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues.

I certainly did not appreciate former President Barack Obama taking a photo op in Cuba before the image of Che Guevara, nor do I enjoy seeing anyone wearing said image on t-shirts here in America…but I do not go into some whimsical state of “oppression.â€

And so it is that we do possess in this Constitutional Republic a freedom of speech and freedom of expression. It would appear that said group who didn’t wish to see the statue of Virginian, General Robert E. Lee, who was a commissioned U.S. Army officer, graduate of West Point, and served the nation in the Mexican War, taken down did apply for a permit to hold a rally. We can dislike these individuals, but they took proper measures to secure permission to express their First Amendment right.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
https://www.rt.com/usa/399717-trump-alt-left-charlottesville-twitter/

One reporter asked Trump if he thought the press was treating white nationalists unfairly.

"No, no," Trump responded. "There were people in that rally, and I looked the night before. if you look, there were people protesting very quietly, the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I'm sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day, it looked like they had some rough, bad people, neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them."

"But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest," Trump continued, "and very legally protest, because I don't know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn't have a permit."

Trump said there were "two sides to a story" before asking,

"What about the alt-left that came charging at the, as you say, the alt-right? Do they have any semblance of guilt?"

"Let me ask you this, what about the fact they came charging with clubs in the hand, swinging clubs? Do they have any problem? I think they do," he said.

"You had a group on one side that was bad, and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent. And nobody wants to say that, but I'll say it right now."

The fiery exchanges with the press pushed "Alt Left" near the top of trending topics on Twitter. Many were bewildered, denying the term represented anything real at all.
I found The Left's response to Trump's statement very fascinating. First, The Left is accustomed to Republicans falling all over themselves with apologies for things they and most Republicans do not even support. They are irritated and indignant that Trump is not cowed like other Cuckservatives.

Trump's response to what happened in Charlottesville is actually pretty appropriate. The only counter-response I'm seeing from The Left is 'there's no such thing as The Alt-Left', which is simply dishonesty and a deflection from ANTIFA's violence. He said "Alt-Left"-obviously referring to ANTIFA without naming them directly-and Leftists immediately pretend they have no earthly idea what he could be referring to. Pretty hilarious to watch. I mean, do they really think people don't know ANTIFA added to the neo-Nazi melee in Charlottesville?

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
My God. It's all so f-ing retarded. I feel like I'm from Alaska and stepped into a Southern Twilight Zone.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
First, may God rest the soul of 32-year-old Heather Heyer who tragically lost her life.
In case anybody hasn't caught on yet, Heather Heyer was part of the antifa counterprotest group. I'm sure she would have been just as willing as any of them to smash you with a baseball bat or throw a piss filled balloon at you. Heather wasn't an angel. Time to stop sugar coating the reality.

·
69,784 Posts
In case anybody hasn't caught on yet, Heather Heyer was part of the antifa counterprotest group. I'm sure she would have been just as willing as any of them to smash you with a baseball bat or throw a piss filled balloon at you. Heather wasn't an angel. Time to stop sugar coating the reality.
Do we know that for sure? If so, then how?

I have read she was a bankruptcy paralegal who worked two jobs (second one was as a waitress) and did not take a vacation in her first two years of working those jobs in an effort to get ahead. Her friends say she was afraid to go to the protests because she was afraid their might be violence. "Heather said, 'I want to go so badly but I don't want to get shot. I don't want to die,' " Jackson remembered Heyer saying. They say she was afraid of the persons protesting the statute removal.

This does not sound like she was an antifa soldier itching to "take Nazi scalps."

Could you please share with us the source of your information? Then, if you have a good source for this information, explain to us why you think Allen West's comment about Miss Heyer (the one you quoted and to which you replied so we would "catch on") is inappropriate.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
In one of the videos, some girl in black went running toward the car as soon as it rammed the car and crowd. When the car reversed, she was "rolled" between the car and the parked black truck. I think that was her but have no proof.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Check the first couple minutes of this video. Hard to tell.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Good point. They are quite far apart.

·
Registered
780 Posts
In one of the videos, some girl in black went running toward the car as soon as it rammed the car and crowd. When the car reversed, she was "rolled" between the car and the parked black truck. I think that was her but have no proof.
I think that is a different girl, I have no proof either. My thought was that it was someone smashed between or run over by the other cars.

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
There was a Neo Nazi march in DC when I attended Gallaudet University. It had to be late 90's early 2000's. I went to the counter protest. There were hundreds of DC police dressed in full riot gear. All of the counter protestors STAYED OUT OF TRAFFIC!!!

That's right .... we actually obeyed traffic laws. We did not clog up traffic by marching in the streets. We did not carry baseball bats, chains, flamethrowers either.

And now ... this new fringe liberal group is calling me a Nazi. To h ....e double hockey sticks to each and every one of them.

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
She shouldn't have been playing in traffic.
Blaming the victim huh?

She shouldn't have been mowed down by a person driving a car. That's what ISIS does. Get out of the road if you want to grow old eh?

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
Blaming the victim huh?

She shouldn't have been mowed down by a person driving a car. That's what ISIS does. Get out of the road if you want to grow old eh?
She should have been obeying the law that applies to everyone else... equally. What makes her so "special" that she can thumb her nose at the rule of law?

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
She should have been obeying the law that applies to everyone else... equally. What makes her so "special" that she can thumb her nose at the rule of law?
Pedestrian laws. Stop for pedestrians in the road. No one has the right to mow down pedestrians. It is pathetic you would justify mowing down people. What other ISIS tactics do you approve of? Burn them alive? I've already seen where you approve of people burning alive. I'm not surprised you approve of mowing people down like the Taliban.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts