Charlie Elliot Range

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by 1stinlastout, Jun 16, 2007.

1. 1stinlastout

1stinlastout New Member

I was there this week breaking in a new 308 with some cheap federal ammo. Some guy gave me some M118LR match rounds on his way out. I have never shot match ammo before. I'm only shooting a 3x scope so I really can't see how I'm doing until I get up close. I went down range after he left. Every single round landed practically on top of each other. Now shopping for match ammo. Thanks unknown dude.

-c

2. peashooter

peashooter New Member

I like this range its not as far from my home as i thought, This is probably where i am going to do most of my shooting from now on, really great place to practice.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Yeah, It really wasn't that far of a ride if for me when I control for traffic.

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'm going back there Sat morning with my wife to shoot and do a little fishing. I'm assuming that since it's a WMA that I have to leave all guns in the car while fishing to be legal. :roll:

5. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Match ammo is sweet. I recently ran a box of Federal Gold Medal Match through an old K38 and loved it.

Never been to Charlie Elliot though.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Wait till you start handloading.

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I would like to start reloading, but my wife thinks that it's "too dangerous" :roll: I shoot atleast 100-150 rounds of 9mm a week sometimes closer to 200-250 , plus some .380 and .223. I keep telling her that it will save alot of money, even if I just loaded 9mm. She still keep sinsisting that she would rather spend a few extra dollars on commercial ammo since it's "safer" than loading my own.

8. DKing

DKing New Member

Amen to that. All my loads are match loads :D

9. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

When you finally convince her that it's a good idea, please take notes and distribute them to the rest of us :D

I'm just having a hard time selling $800 more for gun toys just so I can save money :whistle:

10. ber950

ber950 Active Member

You won't save any money. You will just shoot more.

11. DKing

DKing New Member

Get a Lee anniversary kit from midway for $70 it has everything you NEED to get started. Draino is more dangerous the smokeless powder and gasoline is more explosive but with live with each in our homes. My wife let's me keep my bench in our bedroom, she's calmed down about the idea dramatically.

I bet I could convince my wife to write your's a testimonial if you'd like. :eek:

12. triggerman357

triggerman357 New Member

I hope to see you there Adam5. I have been working on my Ruger 10/22 and I want try out some of the mods I've done to it.

13. steelhorses

steelhorses New Member

Is the range open on sundays?

14. maggie

maggie New Member

C.E. on Sunday

Charlie Elliott is not open on Sunday, checked sign on Wed of this week.
    Do not pass go, go directly to jail. I was told residents need at least one day of quiet.

15. steelhorses

steelhorses New Member

boohoo :(

I like Charlie Elliot range a lot better but I gotta work on saturdays.
    Guess I'll have to go to Wilson shoals instead.

tnx

16. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

Re: C.E. on Sunday

What residents? That range is out in the middle of no where. Atleast I didn't see any signs of civilization when I was there, except for the crapper in the parking area...

17. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Re: C.E. on Sunday

There are a few houses near there if I'm not mistaken. They are really spread out and stuff, so I wouldn't worry about it and I don't see why they would really. Couldn't be any worse than the traffic and sirens in the city.

18. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Shooting on Sunday make the baby Jesus cry ;) just like selling alcohol on Sundays.

19. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

There's a sign there saying that there is a $249 fine for shooting outside of posted range hours. There's a guy on AR15.com that has to go court over shooting after 6:00 pm (range closing time) there.

20. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

What's his defense if it's clearly marked? Or does he have justification for the hours changing? Sunrise to sunset 24/7/365 sounds like good hours to me.