Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a cheap shotgun to keep at my apartment for HD, and once my tax return showed up I found myself with a used CD Field Tactical this morning. It however did not come with a manual. I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find one of them online. Or if there is just a generic method for cleaning and lubricating them, this is my first shotgun so any help is appreciated

·
Registered
414 Posts
Congrats on the new accquisition. I was looking at the Charles Daly shotties as well when I picked up my last one. Nice guns for the $$$.

I ended up getting an Interstate Hawk NIB from Bud's for $185 instead. It's an 870 clone that is pretty much compatible with all 870 parts/accessories except for the barrel. Nice ghost ring sights on it too. I put a BlackHawk stock on it and I'm really happy with it for the money. Built like a tank and shoots great.

Enjoy your CD and let us know how it shoots when you get the chance. I keep eyeing them in the CDNN catalog, just don't need another shotty right now.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link.
I was looking at the Interstate Hawk as well as the New England Arms Pardner but found this one for a decent price so figured I'd give it a shot. I may take it to the range later today and test it out. Seems to be a well built no frills shotgun which is all I need right now. At least may hold me over until I can sell a kidney and pick up one of the Kel-Tec KSGs once they are released

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
A lot of people will knock them, but the CD stuff (especially the Tactical and Defense line products) are suprisingly well made. Shotguns and ARs by them seem pretty good for the money. I know from personal experience that their AR mags are hard to beat.

Enjoy the new acquisition!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got back from the range, ran beautifully with assorted buck and bird shots, with the exception of two shells that got stuck and would not eject right after I got there. Both were cheap winchester with steel instead of brass bottoms so I think it may have been the ammo (did give the gun a thorough cleaning afterwards just to be sure). May have to see about getting it threaded for a choke tube since it looks fixed at the moment. Since I live in an apartment with thin walls I most likely will be loading the first few with bird shot (I hear #4 is recommended for these situations) and the rest with buck just in case the first few don't do the trick I want it to be as concentrated as possible. Overall it's a nice gun for the price, just need to confirm my theory about the ammunition problems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.