Change the Georgiapacking logo?

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by foshizzle, May 25, 2007.

1. Change to a .45

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Leave as-is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I say we open up the floor for a logo change.... specifically the Georgiapacking icon visible on the top right of the screen. Currently, it displays a firearm that resembles a toy, stuck into the state of Georgia. I suggest something more realistic... more masculine one could argue... say a .45 Kimber? Cocked and locked of course.

2. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

It looks sort of like a pistol assembled in Smyrna, GEORGIA. :)

(I know I just opened myself up to references for H&K, Detonics, and whoever else, but I can take it. :) )

3. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Coming from a Marketing person, yes, it needs a serious overhaul. In fact I would start fresh with something kickazz. If you want to keep the state outline I would suggest making it white (or lighter color) and perhaps putting a weapon of some sort inside the outline of the state. This would keep it basic still, but we could definitely get more creative if you all wanted to.

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

You just made me lol.

But yes... it does need a change.

5. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

I like the way it is now but could use a bit of....updating. I do like the basic of it now since the GA click it or ticket looks very simular, get the point to them that we are for safe firearm carry not cowboys.

Why is there not anyother poll catagory?

"Daddy's got a new 45"

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Well, let me fill y'all in on a few details about that logo.
    • The idea came from seeing one of my holsters laying at an angle that resembled the state outline.
      [/*:m:ld45eoms]
    • The choice of the gun is not what most would expect. My thought was to have a concealable pistol sticking out, so I looked at Walther PPK, Para's Warthog, Glock, and others (even a couple of revolvers). So while looking for pictures of those firearms I noticed that other than the grip length and mag extentions, Glocks pretty much look alike.

1911's on the other hand come in so many shapes and forms that if I chose to do a 1911, the next question would be; blued or stainless? What kind of grip would look best? I did not want to spend that much time thinking about it, so I went with the Glock. :wink:
    • I do not have a loyalty to Glock and do not currently own nor have I ever owned a Glock (my 2 personal main carries are a 4in 1911 and a 4in Springfield XD).
    • I have never liked the blank surface of Georgia in the current logo. I have thought about putting a fabric pattern overlay of blue jeans or a polo shirt weave. I personally think the state in solid blue looks cartoonish while the firearm looks realistic. I liked the way the firearm turned out, and the idea of the holster, just not the way the holster looks.
    • While I have not thought about changing the firearm in the logo, with some people wanting a page or 2 about laws regarding weapons other than firearms, I have thought that I could remove the gun from the picture and put in a knife or other weapon somewhere on the GA outline for those pages. [/*:m:ld45eoms]

7. blare

blare New Member

I gave it a shot a couple of months ago..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Dan H

Dan H New Member

oooo I like those...

I like the 1911 better...

Nice work!

9. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I like it the way it is. When I first found this site, the logo caught my eye and caused me to start reading some of the info. Maybe the state could be done differently, some sort of pattern or the web address or something, but the outline and the pistol handle look fine to me.

10. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Perhaps a leather texture or something to make it look like a 3D picture of a holster.

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I like the way it is, but the resolution could be a bit higher.

12. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Active Member

I like those Blare.

I think we should stick with a Glock in the logo because the Glock is assembled in Symrna, Georgia.

13. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

I like having the pistol fully exposed. Perhaps a shot of a holsterd but open pistol on top of the state outline. I kinda mocked up something, but all we have at work is MS Pain(t)
    [​IMG]
    I just notioced how fat it makes that guy look. I'd have prefered it to be on someone wearing blue jeans, but I didn't look very long.

I kinda like the idea/look of a Glock because it is so modern. I also really like sleek two-tone pistols like the Kahr (but I know that I am biased there) I will say that a cocked and locked 1911 really looks like it means business. It's just a bit dated and stodgey looking for my tatse.

14. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

More thoughts on pistols

The more I think about it, I lkae having something completely American designed and made, perhaps a S&W? I like the SIG226, partly because it is the sidearm of our BUD/SEAL guys (according to wiki) but it is, of course, a commie-euro-weapon. How sad it it that our best fighters want to carry weapons made NOT in the US. You'd think that being the best (and most gun-loving) superpower and all, we'd be able to make all the best firearms too. :-k

15. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Re: More thoughts on pistols

What is worse is a state like Illinois trying to ban the manufacture of firearms in that state.

16. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

My biggest problem with it is that the dark blue of the state & the black of the pistol are hard to distinguish. I like having most of the gun concealled but maybe an outline through the state would be good - more like a holster.

On the whole I recall the first time I saw it & thought that it was an original idea & that yeah, Ga does kind look like a holster.

17. tony218

tony218 New Member

WHAT?????

18. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

This goes back to the Clinton Era and S&W's voluntary agreement with the Gov. to extream restrictions on itself and on behalf of any of its dealers. http://www.actionamerica.org/guns/swbetray.html