Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who is interested, I am setting up an OC dinner on Nov 6th at 6pm. You don't have to OC if you don't feel comfortable. This is just an event to support the RKBA and have some fun with people with whom we share a common passion. The venue is not decided yet but I will be calling around the next couple of days to find a good OC friendly place. Also I'm open for suggestions. We already have 7 or 8 people attending including spouses and children. So let me know if anyone is interested so I can have a big enough section in the resteraunt.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Re: NW Georgia OC dinner - Nov 5th

Owl said:
how far west in west ga?
COMMANDER1911 - If you could narrow down what part of West Georgia it might help people decide.
Thanks

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

It will most likley be in Catoosa County. Ft. Oglethorpe to be exact.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts

ft. oglethorpe is on the other side of I-75 above Dalton GA. It's about an hour and a half drive for the most of us on this side of I-75

·
Registered
2,133 Posts

Ft. Oglethorpe is exit #350 off of I-75 if I remember correctly.
We have friends that live there and from our house on I-85 and Beaver Ruin Rd (Exit 102) it is approximately 125 miles from our house to theirs.

Most of the mileage from that trip is down I-85 to I-285 and around to I-75 then up from there.

I might actually consider this if you were to have it on a Saturday. No way in the world to make something like this on a Friday night.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Would it be easier for everyone if it were on saturday the 6th?

·
Registered
383 Posts

If it were Saturday the sixth I would attend depending on where you chose to eat.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts

at this point I'm curiopus as the place to chow down at? I may come if its reasonable and good food

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: NW Georgia OC dinner - Nov 6th

Ok the 6th it is.....And like I said I'm open for suggestions on the venue.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
What about down around Dalton? I think it is Walnut Avenue that has quite a bit of food places there. Would not be as far for those of us folks coming up from the south. :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Suburbbus said:
What about down around Dalton? I think it is Walnut Avenue that has quite a bit of food places there. Would not be as far for those of us folks coming up from the south. :)
Interesting suggestion. I dont' live in dalton however so I wouldn't know where to start as far as picking a place.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
COMMANDER1911 said:
Suburbbus said:
Interesting suggestion. I dont' live in dalton however so I wouldn't know where to start as far as picking a place.
Not trying to hijack your event, just usually go up through that area every month or two. :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Suburbbus said:
COMMANDER1911 said:
Suburbbus said:
Not trying to hijack your event, just usually go up through that area every month or two. :)
I wouldn't mind having it it Dalton. I'll call around today and try to find some OC friendly places. Once again, feel free to give me some suggestions :D I was thinking along the lines of steak and shake? Maybe hijack the banquet room in Golden Corral?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I am good friends with the owner of the Iron Gate Pizzeria in Dalton. If anyone is interested I will give him a heads up and see what he has to say about us meeting up there. He doesn't have a big place so if it will be more than 15 to 18 we may have to re-consider. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Here are a few reviews
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/121/1436533 ... ria-Dalton

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Good reviews. sounds like it could be a spot to hit up. Let me know final plans, I may make the hour and a half trek over to join in.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It would probably be a good idea to start a count of who plans on attending so we can see what we are dealing with. I'll start.

Commander1911 + 3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quiet-Matt + 1 (If the venue supports the head count, if not she will probably just go shopping and spend our money on clothing most likely. That would be OK because it would justify my next ammo order. LOL) :righton:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nobody else plans on attending?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts