Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Mr_Z said:
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/09/27/2010-09-27_celebrities_seeking_pistol_permits_on_the_rise_in_the_city_lifestyles_of_rich_n_.html
The NYPD charges a nonrefundable $340 to file an application for a gun permit and between $94 and $106 for the collection of fingerprints, even before a background check is begun.
:bigshock:

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
To get a permit, applicants have to prove a documented threat or that they routinely carry large amounts of cash or valuables
Seriously? :sly:

The NYPD is extremely thorough in their investigation," said divorce lawyer to the stars Raoul Felder, who also has a permit to carry. "In other states, you fill out a form, swear you are not a lunatic, and you get it."
what a crock of [email protected]#[email protected][email protected]# We go through the same :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: that anyone else does, except they're taking advantage of the rich lol I paid $55 you pay upward of $500. Whose the idiot now...

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Unless your are very rich its not smart to apply for a NYC carry permit. What you do is apply for a permit to own the gun. Your restrictions will say that it must be stored unloaded, but they are just administrative restrictions. Get caught carrying the gun and you will lose your permit, but that beats a five year rap for an unlicensed gun.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
To get a permit, applicants have to prove a documented threat or that they routinely carry large amounts of cash or valuables
Apparently in the eyes of the NYPD... it is far more important to prevent someone stealing $100 from someone that makes $10,000 an hour than to prevent someone from stealing $100 from someone that makes $10 an hour... :screwy:

and now you understand why this Damned Yankee ain't NEVER going back ! :D

·
69,300 Posts
My guess is - not for much longer.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,524 Posts
My life is valuable. It's the most valuable thing I own.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
phantoms said:
My life is valuable. It's the most valuable thing I own.
Unless you live in NYC; then, apparently, you don't own your life. :roll:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts