CDC, in Surveys It Never Bothered Making Public, Provides More Evidence That Plenty of Americans Inn

Discussion in 'In the News' started by photoman, Apr 27, 2018.

1. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

"Florida State University criminologist Gary Kleck conducted the most thorough previously known survey data on the question in the 1990s. His study, which has been harshly disputed in pro-gun-control quarters, indicated that there were more than 2.2 million such defensive uses of guns (DGUs) in America a year.

Now Kleck has unearthed some lost CDC survey data on the question. The CDC essentially confirmed Kleck's results. But Kleck didn't know about that until now, because the CDC never reported what it found.

Kleck's new paper—"What Do CDC's Surveys Say About the Frequency of Defensive Gun Uses?"**—finds that the agency had asked about DGUs in its Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System in 1996, 1997, and 1998."

2. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

I started ignoring anything and everything the CDC says, after they published a study years back that stated that guns are a disease. Think about it - our tax dollars were used to pay people and fund a "study" that said such nonsense. I wonder how much money was sucked from working people to that.

The. CDC. are. LIBTARDS.

3. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

The CDC, in my experience, is filled with some of the most extreme progressives I have ever met. Its an open joke that if you're not openly progressive you have zero chance of being hired directly by the CDC. Much of what they publish is wasted tax dollars because it is fundamentally contaminated by political agendas and not simply driven by the science.