CCW in Dekalb County

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by Tom2006, May 17, 2006.

1. Tom2006

Tom2006 New Member

I applied for my pistol permit in Dekalb county on March 08, 2006 I was finger printed the same day using the digital method. I received my permit on May 08, 2006 . I thought that this was very quick after all the bad news about this county and issuing CCW permits in the past.

2. ber950

ber950 Active Member

:righton:

That is good news.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

First I have heard out of DeKalb County! Congratulations?

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

If DeKalb does it digitally it takes about 2 months.
    Ink and you are in for a 6 month wait.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

GS1, so you have had this same experience reported by others (timely issuance, I mean)?

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

yes, but only if the digial machine is working correctly. If it is down and the person is inked, it is still a very long wait.

I also find it interesting that they delivered on the 60th day, despite them in the past saying repeatedly their is no such thing or they dont have to follow it if reports are not in.

I wonder if they got the point after us telling people to remind the clerk of the law, that they actually started following the law?

7. Broadside Bob

Broadside Bob Member

That is great news!!

Tom,

Congrats on your new GFL.

I applied in Dekalb last October and it took about 5 months for mine, but they did ink me.

The machine was down when I went for fingerprints; I decided to go with ink because (1) I did not want to drive all the way down to Memorial Drive...excuse me, Cynthis McKinney Parkway, again; (2) the clerk at DeKalb PD could not give me any kind of a timeframe for when the machine would be up...didn't want to make two trips and STILL get ink, and (3) she told me that ink would take 6 months where digital would be 2, but that sounded more like a BS excuse because she didn't want to mess with ink.

One question, when you applied at the courthouse, do you remember if the "date issued" on your license was already completed? They did that for mine so my license is dated December when I didn't receive it until March.

I did write a letter to the judge shortly after I received my license compalining that (1) it took longer than 60 days, and (2) the date issued was not correct...if you're breaking the law, at least be honest about it...so they were shortening my 5 year license to 4 and some change. They actually did call me (left a voicemail) and said I could come back to have it reissued. I'm not going to mess with that; I just wanted to let them know that someone noticed.

BB