CCW and the Holidays

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by kestak, Dec 10, 2010.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

My wife works at MCG. They can't even bring guns on the premises.

We have to go to the Christmas party that is outside the premises. (I hate to be surrounded by a bunch of Liberals...)

My question is not can we CCW. My question is Should we CCW? :righton:

Thank you
    P.S.: I would not dare to Open carry there for sure. :mrgreen:

2. 69953

69953 Guest

If it's not in a place off limits, then I would say yes... but make sure it's concealed. My wife works in a very liberal field and her peers would probably not react well if they saw I was carrying a gun. Regardless of how I feel about their opinions, I wouldn't want to harm my wife's standing with her work associates because they think she's married to one of those "right-wing gun nuts". This is not the time or place for "educating the sheep", in my opinion.

3. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

Why not. nuff said :D

4. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

If you're going to be anywhere near downtown Augusta, I would say definitely conceal carry. You might just need it on the walk back to your car.

Definitely CC it very well, and nobody will know you have it, unless you need it for the self-defense of you and your wife.

5. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

Yes i will be close to the golf.

Is it me or downtown augusta is really bad now?

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Pretty easy to conceal at business parties with a blazer.

7. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Downtown Augusta was getting really bad around 2005, maybe even before that. I'd say 2004 is when it really started to take a really bad turn.

I got out when the getting was good, but I used to spend a lot of time downtown, and it seems at least once a week, I'd hear about someone I knew, or somebody that somebody else knew, was getting held up at gunpoint and robbed, or I even had one of my friends being shot at an armed robbery gone bad. This is of course before I got my GFL and started carrying, but I used to always carry a knife on me, and when I'd walk in some of the shady areas downtown, I'd have it already open, but tucked close to my forearm, dull side touching me. I'm not kidding, I think being assertive, and looking the thugs in the eye, was the only reason that I was not armed robbed more than I was.

I can remember at least three times downtown when I thought without a reasonable doubt that I was about to get held up or murdered. I would just keep my head on a swivel, try and have good SA, and look at the guys right in their eyes. Just walk very assertively, and not seem scared or intimidated.

I can't imagine if it has gotten worse than it was. I hope things have gotten cleaned up there, but from the news stories and the homicide number rising this year way beyond normal, I'd have to say that Downtown Augusta may be worse now then it ever was.

I was in Downtown Augusta over the Thanksgiving Holiday and I stopped in my favorite bar for a Guinness, and I was armed CC, as I had permission to do so. I would never go downtown and not be armed in Augusta.

I would arm yourself as I said. If you're downtown, it could just save your life. Also, try to stay in the better, well-lit areas of downtown. Its no guarantee that you'll be safe, but it couldn't help. If you've got to go down there, by all means, please be armed, especially after dark. :righton:

8. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

And forget about North Augusta. (SC)