CCP & Background Check Question ?

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by CourtOfficer, Apr 19, 2007.

1. CourtOfficer

CourtOfficer New Member

I already have my GFL and I'm a Notary Public/Officer of the Court
    I should no the answer to this question but I honestly don't

If a person is appling for a GFL and that person has a Misdamenour warrent for a bad check on them would that stop them from obtaining a GFL?

A friend of mine is wanting to get his GFL,I told him that he needs to clear his record before atempting anything to do with the law

But to make him happy I said I would ask the people here

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

He has an active warrant out for his arrest?

3. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Guess that depends on the definition of "fugitive from justice".

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

save money

well, when he shows up to apply for the gun permit, they could arrest him on the outstanding warrant. Then when he gets fingerprinted, maybe they could just run an extra set for the GFL and he won't have to pay a separate fee for that service. (Okay, it's just a guess, but I'm trying to look on the bright side!)

5. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

I think the answer to the original question is no, that should not be a disqualifying factor. But, well, he ought to get the warrant taken care of.

6. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

jrm, do you think the "for any felony, forcible misdemeanor, or violation of.." bit applies to the "fugitives from justice" and not just people with "pending proceedings"? Or does "fugitives from justice" mean bail jumpers and escaped convicts?

7. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

I think fugitives from justice may mean more than bail jumpers and escaped convicts (e.g., people who flee the jurisdiction to avoid being prosecuted), but I don't think it means anyone against whom a warrant is outstanding.

8. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Re: save money

:rotfl:

CourtOfficer - don't worry about stupid questions. If you are asking & you don't know the answer then it's not a stupid question. It is always a good idea to give some due diligence & search the forums for your answers first - a GREAT number of licensing & carrying questions have been discussed (to death some might say :) ) on these boards - but if you can't find an answer or you don't trust what you've found elsewhere post your question and you are sure to get some kind of a response here (we all have an opinion around here & tend to be more than happy to share it :roll: ).

GPO is really a super source of gun info as it pertains to Georgia and in general.

BTW - welcome!