CC Question...BRAND NEW to this...be gentle...

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by tonyvanman, Aug 6, 2007.

1. tonyvanman

tonyvanman New Member

I had a discussion with a gentleman that has been CC for most of his adult life. He told me that banks were off limits because they were federal buildings. I differed. I told him that banks were private and public institutions were insured by a federal entity therefore, unless otherwise posted, it was acceptable to CC.

Am I correct?

Oh yeah, I'm not going to hand the teller a note or anything!! :?

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Banks may be federally insured and regulated, but they are not federal institutions.

4. tonyvanman

tonyvanman New Member

Thanks for the information...This board is absolutely filled with useful information...I've enjoyed reading many of the posts...I've learned more from this section than I did asking Law Enforcement Officials...I read several posts that indicated that LEOs were not really that versed on gun laws but didn't want to believe it...I have two words for them when it comes to Georgia Gun Laws...Clue Less... :cheers:

5. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Tony,
    Even if they do have a sign stating no fire arms allowed that sign has no legal weight in Ga, all they could do is ask you to leave and you would have to. Again thats why they call it concealed carry.
    :deadhorse:

6. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Is it off-limits because it's affiliated with the University? Other than that, it looks like a private firm (credit union).

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

The credit union should not be off limits, unless located on campus property.

9. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

It isn't posted to my knowlege but it is on campus.

10. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Looks like this credit union would be off-limits even if it was a stand-alone building off campus because of the "School Zone Law."

It is also gov't owned and or operated so it may or may not be a public gathering too.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

tonyvanman, welcome to the site!

Did you know Cloumbus has a city ordinance that purports to ban the carry of firearms?

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:groupprotest:

I'd just bank somewhere else.

:lol:

BTW, it sucked having to go to campus weaponless earlier. Although the other day I had my holster. Made me feel a little bit better.

13. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

What? You were going to throw it at someone?

14. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:boxing: :lol:

15. tonyvanman

tonyvanman New Member

:!: I had no idea that there was such a thing. Where can I get some more information on this? :?:

16. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

That was my first thought as well.

17. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

It's just easier to leave the holster where it is since it's IWB with belt loop snaps. Now when I get that OWB holster... 8)

Probably not a good idea, unfortunately.