Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
45 fan,

Don't know how you missed this, but go back a couple of posts and read mine again. Mine said:

I'd grant that Phoenix is a good example for your side of this discussion but Las Vegas and/or Seattle do NOT allow open or CC without a permit and are not relevant.

Your reply was:
Unlicensed open carry is allowed in Las Vegas and Seattle. If you disagree, post the relevant laws that would make unlicensed open carry illegal in either location.
Surely you can see the difference in my statement and your rebuttal......which was totally irrelevant to mine.
[quote:4o2a99cb]If you can openly carry a handgun and ammo in public without a license, that qualifies as unlicensed OC. California does in fact allow something that Georgia does not.
As for California and their open carry laws........PLEASE......don't insult everyone's intelligence. You cannot carry openly in California and any attempt to state a contrary opinion can only be viewed as an intentional attempt to deceive the reader.[/quote:4o2a99cb]My rebuttal regarding Las Vegas and Seattle was entirely relevant. Unlicensed OC is allowed in both cities. Whether those cities are deemed to have relevancy in this discussion is certainly acceptable, however that relevancy does not change the fact that unlicensed OC is legal in both cities based on the basis that no law prohibits unlicensed open carry in either city.

OC is legal in all the places I listed without a license. The repeated use of statements similar to "unlicensed OC or CC" is met by an unlicensed OC condition and does not necessarily require an unlicensed CC condition to be met. I think unlicensed OC or CC is possible in Georgia in the next session. I think unlicensed OC and CC is unlikely in Georgia in the next session. I provided the links for unlicensed OC reading. Are those in error? Is there better reading material to correct my misunderstanding?

·
Registered
15,991 Posts
Unlicensed open carry WILL be legal here in GA within the next few sessions of the General Assembly (2-5ish?). It WILL be the law of the land here in GA.

I don't see unlicensed concealed carry in Georgia anytime soon. I don't see it on the horizon but always keep up hope that it will happen eventually.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
Unlicensed open carry WILL be legal here in GA within the next few sessions of the General Assembly (2-5ish?). It WILL be the law of the land here in GA.

I don't see unlicensed concealed carry in Georgia anytime soon. I don't see it on the horizon but always keep up hope that it will happen eventually.
This is the last year for my GCO subscription, that's for sure.

·
Registered
15,991 Posts
pml said:
GAGunOwner said:

???

·
Super Moderator
16,485 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
pml said:
GAGunOwner said:

???
Maybe he's buying a life membership.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Lets see here....

GCO hasn't said anything about this issue and one member is gone.

And another member is calling out others that didn't go to almost all committee meetings for 4 years.

A real winner of a thread.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
mountainpass said:
Lets see here....

GCO hasn't said anything about this issue and one member is gone.

And another member is calling out others that didn't go to almost all committee meetings for 4 years.

A real winner of a thread.
Sorry, but I don't think I called anyone out. I responded to one person who accused me of being a part of the reason our gun laws aren't less restrictive, not having been supportive of abolishing public gatherings, earning the right to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol and of having a "not worth trying" attitude.

Sorry if you felt this was calling out others.....it wasn't at all meant that way.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Off-topic kinda, but Heller v. DC (case 10-7036, Document 1271969) was just filed: http://www.545ar.com/HellerDC2.pdf

I found this blurb in the appeal on page 21
Similarly, State v. Kerner, 181 N.C. 574, 107 S.E. 222, 225 (1921), invalidated, as violative of the right to bear arms, a statute requiring that to carry a pistol, even openly, one must obtain a license and pay $5. Id. at 225. "In the case of a riot or mob violence, . . . this would place law-abiding citizens entirely at the mercy of the lawless element."
Constitutional carry isn't far away if the above is quoted in the majority opinion for the new Heller case.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.