Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
murrybird said:
I found a video too, apperently this bill or what have ya, is sponsored by a group called GeorgiaGunOwners.Org. Never heard of them before, but interested in finding more about them,and how they compare to GCO.
Let's see, they have not posted a leadership, they have no way to join yet, but they already have a link for donations? Nuff said!

You know what GCO is doing for you, and who's doing it, and they've never once asked for a donation.

It's a no-brainer!

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
We're now at 50/50! The question was poorly worded. "Background check" should've been left out.

If you "refresh" the page, you can vote for other family members. Just sayin'. :whistle:

ETA: Not really "refresh", but exit and reenter.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
My response to "Patrick" at GeorgiaGunOwners.org:

Patrick,

I don't for a minute discount your effort. I applaud anyone working for liberty, and especially that individual that will herald the Second Amendment.

That said, I have worked very hard for GeorgiaCarry.org ,during the past two years. As a GCO member, and part of the hardest, "grassroots" organization in Georgia, I'm understandably cautious about a "new kid on the block". You fill that bill.

Please tell me why there are no routes by which a prospective member might join your organization. Aside from you, I see no other individuals in leadership positions, and your website is replete with requests for contributions.

I'm sure you are a brother in arms, but I frankly do not trust your "organization"................yet.

Don
Why won't Patrick join this forum?

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
Please name any major metropolis city in the country where it's legal to carry openly without a license.
Phoenix, Tucson, Anchorage, Fairbanks, Montpelier , and probably Pittsburgh. I have not researched them. Just "shootin from the hip." :lol:

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
45_Fan said:
Reference material:
http://www.opencarry.org/maps.html

AK, AZ, and VT require no license for CC or OC.
AK and AZ still issue for reciprocity reasons, VT does not issue.
It's sad to look at the reciprocity maps, and see that toters in VT are limited to travel in Alaska or Arizona. It's at the same time very refreshing to know there are states so firmly rooted in their convictions that they will not change.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
You left out Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, and many other metro areas of Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania is not a Constitutional Carry state, but open carry without a permit is legal

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
I happen to believe Georgia can be returned to an Open Carry State, perhaps even CC without a "license". Georgia was last an Open Carry State in 1909. It was reconstruction, and the north that took it away. Er,....I think.

BTW; Would some please address places like Pittsburgh and Alexandria, Virginia, which allow OC without a license? I grew up not far from Pittsburgh, and people OC'd all of the time. Of course, that was forty years ago.

Further, you can OC all over California without a permit. You must be unloaded in metropolitan areas, but may load up when in urban settings. The laws are not that hard to find. Try OpenCarry.org .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.