Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
I know the fallout here will be unbearable for some, but I can take it.

I have a major problem voting "Yes" on this poll and won't do so. I believe there are people who shouldn't be carrying weapons and this poll doesn't qualify them. I also believe the permit and background check system not only helps to exclude these people, it also helps to raise those who have a permit to a higher level and is a primary reason for the gains in Georgia gun laws through the efforts of GCO and others. I'm not going to vote to make the permit obsolete and meaningless.

I think any attempt to make it legal for any citizen to carry a gun openly or concealed without a background check or permit is doomed to fail and will only serve to damage the overall effort to gain more ground for permit holders.

Ok, fire away if you will......but it won't change my opinion. You're entitled to yours and I'm entitled to mine.
+1

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
patrick4588 said:
So you think the murderers and criminals care what we do with carry laws? How will allowing more citizens to carry harm things? The ones who will use a gun to commit a crime will regardless what the law is. This will only allow more honest citizens to carry without paying and jumping thru govt hoops.
Lol, why have ANY laws, right?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
Unlicensed open carry WILL be legal here in GA within the next few sessions of the General Assembly (2-5ish?). It WILL be the law of the land here in GA.

I don't see unlicensed concealed carry in Georgia anytime soon. I don't see it on the horizon but always keep up hope that it will happen eventually.
This is the last year for my GCO subscription, that's for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.