Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
72,352 Posts
Voted yes at home from a different computer. It is now 52-48, but in fairness, since they already mentioned the poll in the news days ago, I doubt it will be mentioned again.

·
Super Moderator
72,352 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
I think any attempt to make it legal for any citizen to carry a gun openly or concealed without a background check or permit is doomed to fail and will only serve to damage the overall effort to gain more ground for permit holders.
You do realize that the majority of the country requires no license to carry openly, right? Only 13 states require a license to carry openly (a few states, like Florida, ban the practice of carrying openly outside of a few situations). In addition, 3 states require no license to carry concealed, and many others have exceptions for carrying concealed without a license in certain situations (even Georgia, such as in the car, business, or on your own property). Please elaborate on how these successful efforts were doomed to failure, and, more importantly, how they have damaged the overall effort, using specific examples, please.

·
Super Moderator
72,352 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
majority of the country requires no license to carry openly, right
Please name any major metropolis city in the country where it's legal to carry openly without a license.
I am trying to figure out if you are being serious or just playing with me. I will assume for the sake of answering this post that you are being serious. Seattle. Eugene. Budder already listed the situation in Cali. Las Vegas. Boise (By the way, these are all 18 for handguns and children for long arms so far). Helena (I should move!). Cheyenne. Salt Lake City. Arizona cities have already been mentioned (no concealed license there required, either, which answers one third of your question about which three states - again, was that a serious question, as often as you read here? The others are Alaska and Vermont, and a few other states have legislation pending). Albequerque. Boulder. Colorado Springs. Pierre. New Orleans. Madison. Detroit. Indianapolis. Lexington. Frankfort. Montgomery. Birmingham. Richmond. Hampton. Norfolk. Virginia Beach. Alexandria. Arlington. Columbus. Cleveland. Dayton. Toledo. Pittsburgh (already mentioned by another poster). Harrisburg. Reading. Burlington (Vermont does not require a license to conceal, either). Porstmouth. Concord. Bangor.

·
Super Moderator
72,352 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
It is my opinion that:
1. any effort to pass legislation to make it legal to carry in Atlanta (openly or concealed) without a permit will be doomed to fail and will cause major public relations setbacks for more realistic efforts to gain further advances for permit holders.
I predict Georgia will be a "Gold Star" state for openly carrying by 2013. Just my prediction. :wink:
I've been wrong before and am prepared to be wrong again in the future.....how about you?
Nope! [-(

:lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.