Casing question.

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by murrybird, Oct 18, 2010.

1. murrybird

murrybird New Member

I have several coffee containers full or half full of a variety of ammo casings. Most are .45 acp,38spl,.357mag,9mm and a few .380acp.

My question is, what is the going rate of once fired casings with the fired primer still in?

Just want to know since I am going to sell them off,since I don't reload. Even though I was thinking about it, but just don't have the time,money, or room to do it.

2. RevolverDan

RevolverDan Active Member

Short answer is it depends on the amount and caliber of each. I'd suggest doing one of two things.

1. Sell them all as mixed for a really cheap rate. If it's two coffee cans of mixed cases, I'd say $25 plus flat rate post office shipping.

2. Sort & count them all, then sell according to the going rate. .45 will draw about $40 per 1k, .38 & .357 about $50 per 1k, not sure about 9mm or .380 b/c I don't load them.

My prices are mostly guesses based on what I've seen on other boards. I'm sure if I'm off base someone will slap me. If you decide on option 1, I want first dibs. :righton:

3. krmbigmac

krmbigmac Active Member

2nd dibs on option #1. If paypal is avail.

4. If you go for RevolverDan's 2nd option, I'll gladly purchase some .38 special and .357 magnum cases from you.