Cash for guns offered by police, CrimeStoppers

Discussion in 'In the News' started by S&W 40, Jul 6, 2007.

1. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

2. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Well, I guess I'll just have to OC.

That way I'm not "hiding" anything.

3. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

No surprise there.

4. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Ah yes, the Brady bill is working wonders. It's keeping guns out of the hands of those who can't have them.

:wink:

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It should have no effect on a GFL holder, As long as as you are following the law. They are looking for illegal guns. OC may lead to a "man with a gun" call, because someone is hoping on make a quick $2500. I would not be concerned about it though. Just be careful with the public gathering law.

6. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I'm no fan of the ATF, but if a local agency contacts the ATF when a convicted felon is caught with a firearm, the US Attorney will prosecute the case federally. There is no parole in the federal system.

7. ber950

ber950 Active Member

IIRC its called Project Exile. I am with you. I am not a fan of the ATF but this works. Gun crimes drop dramatically where this is used aggressively, mainly because the BG's just aren't there anymore for a long time.

8. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

They have been pushing this with the Fed for some time, all the CAT buses have that on the side. Just kind of worries me after this in the paper the some soccer moms with all of their knowledge of laws will see us as the BG instead of what we are.

I have wrote several letters to the paper in the last couple months and phone calls (no returns) about them reporting a good article about what it takes to get a GFL the laws and some of the challenges of staying a law abiding citizen with the vague langue and problems of the Probate courts. I have not followed up lately since I will not be in the local area for some more time, but will when I get back.

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Obviously the other 11 involved GFL holders who snapped in public . . . :roll:

10. tace

tace New Member

Yeah, I know, it happens to me daily. ;)

11. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Has anyone ever gone to a gun buy back and tried to see if you can get anything good for slightly more than what the buy back people are offering?

12. gsusnake

Maybe I should report my Taurus as stolen, leave it on a street corner on East Broad (you SAV folks know what I'm talking about) and go get my quick and easy $2500.

I could buy a new carry gun, an AR, and a shotgun for that...

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Stand near the line and offer more money? That is not a bad idea.......not a bad idea at all.....me likes.

14. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I'm sure they'll complain about it. *no competition for you*

15. gsusnake

They'll just implement Gun Buyback Directive 10-289.

(wonder if anyone gets that?)