Casey Cagle

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by the duck, Oct 27, 2010.

1. the duck

the duck New Member

Came to my church Sunday. He was recognized by the pastor as a supporter of right to life, the 2nd. amendment, and helping small businesses grow and hire. I spoke to him after the service and thanked him for his support and handed him a GCO card. He recognized the organization.

2. samman23

samman23 New Member

Wasn't Casey Cagle the guy who said he had no appetite for more pro-gun bills 2 years ago?

3. JR

JR New Member

" Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle last year said he had “no appetite†for revisiting the state’s concealed weapons law.
    This week, spokeswoman Jailene Hunter said Cagle’s top priorities for this year’s session are balancing the budget and job creation. “However, he looks forward to discussing this issue, as well as a host of others, with senators,†Hunter said. "

Sounds like he thought there were more pressing issues.

http://www.ajc.com/news/gun-carry-expan ... 68589.html

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

He did say that, but at the same time he did not try to prevent or delay any pro-gun legislation from coming up for a vote on the Senate floor.

5. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Mr. Cagle was the speaker at the 2nd annual convention. His belly must be better, he allowed the gun bills to come to the floor in the Senate this year. Thanks Mr. Cagle.

6. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

+1
    And I think Lt Gov Cagle will continue to be a valuable asset in the further restoration of gun rights in Georgia.

7. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

wow, I forgot about that. I am glad I had not met him or I would have said the wrong things!

8. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Ask yourself why he isn't running against Roy Barnes this time instead of Deal? :screwy:

:?

9. luangtom

luangtom Active Member

Could it be that Deal will win and then resign due to the Congress problems, thus putting Cagel into the office via default? Just a thought...........

10. samman23

samman23 New Member

I'm glad to hear something positive about Mr. Cagle.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Guys, nothing gets done in the Senate without the Lt. Gov's go ahead. SB 308 looked better originally coming out of the Senate than the final version that passed both houses. It permitted college campus carry and church carry as passed by the Senate.

Please do not assume something like that came out of the Senate without Senate leadership approval. That just does not happen.

12. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

If the LT Governor didn't want SB 308 to move, it wouldn't have....period.
    He and the leadership decide what moves and what doesn't....
    You had the Lt Gov. on your side during last years session....

13. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

And that's why he's one incumbent up for re-election that WILL receive my vote :righton:

14. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

His political game playing in regards to the hospital tax and subsequent committee chairmanship issues show his true colors. Whether or not he's a friend of 2A issues doesn't matter. We have many allies under the Gold Dome and would be better off as a state without his ilk in office.

15. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

This is "thier" second chance....do it right or the people will speak again! However, we can not vote for good leaders if only bad ones are running for office!

16. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

wsweeks2!!

Flying under the radar!

(excuse the highjack)