Case for Upcoming for Supreme Court

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Malum Prohibitum, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Another petition is expected later this year or early next year out of the Third Circuit case Rogers v. Attorney General, New Jersey. That petition, in a case being litigated by experienced Supreme Court and Second Amendment lawyers, would also present the critical question relating to citizens’ Second Amendment right to carry firearms. If granted, the petition could be argued next fall, in Justice Kavanaugh’s first full term at the High Court. The Rogers case presents an excellent vehicle for the Court’s review.

In 2015, Justice Thomas, joined by the late Justice Scalia, lamented that the lower courts’ “noncompliance with [the Court’s] Second Amendment precedents” had the effect of “relegating the Second Amendment to a second-class right.” Now, with the Court restored to a full complement of justices and a square circuit split finally presented to it on the most critical outstanding question concerning the scope of the Second Amendment, the right of the people to not only “keep” but also “bear” arms for self-defense may finally be vindicated.

https://www.nationalreview.com/bench-memos/supreme-court-has-a-chance-to-enforce-heller/

EJR914 likes this.
  2. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Maye by then someone else Trump picks will have replaced Ginsburg...

3. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Active Member

Breyer is 80,may precede Nana to the former list

4. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Can we ask of the powers that be for both at the end of this Term of Court?

Nemo

5. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Ginsburg is suffering from Dementia. I'm not sure f she is actually sitting on the bench or resting at home. I would prefer if one or more have to go it be during this session. Otherwise you run the risk of it being a presidential election year. That will not go over well no matter which side has the senate.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Care to share your source of information about Justice Ginsburg?

7. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

I guess I should have re read the article before posting. Washington Post 10/24/2018. It was an article about Ginsburg but mixed in a blurb about Sandra Day O'Connor who has dementia.