Carrying where they wand you.....

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by luke0927, Feb 26, 2007.

1. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

say you are in a legal place to carry but they wand people before coming in what do you do? Say like a musuem or something like that. if they do not have a sign can they ask you to leave or does it matter? I got this from seeing the GA aquarium wands you before you go in.

2. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

It is their right to ask you to leave if they want to, for whatever reason.

If you refuse, you can be charged with criminal trespass.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Bingo.

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It's your right to choose where you spend your money. You have the right to not spend a penny at a business that doesn't allow to carry your legal weapon.

5. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

...and let them know why you choose to shop elsewhere.

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Exactly !!! I had that chat with one of the managers at Bass Pro last week. I asked about the sign that all firearms and bows are to checked at the door (they put a trigger lock on it and remove it when you leave). He said that the policy is more for bows and shot guns than for people with a license who are carrying concealed. He told me that if I'm carrying concealed, just to keep ir concealed, walk in and do my business. I;m going to look and see if I can find their official policy.

7. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

i figured they could only ask you to leave but i could just picture the chaos of them saying "he's got a gun" i would just tell them before hand and as said i will take my money else where.

8. glocked_n_loaded

glocked_n_loaded New Member

i would just get out my CCW license, and show it to the guy doing the wanding before he even wanded..... he may just let you thru without checking..... you have nothing to lose by being honest with the guards. Just ask him about it before surprising him with that BEEEEPPPPPPing sound you know he has probably never heard for real anyway.... Hell i have been wanded and when I said "steel toed boots" they didn't even check further after wanding so fast they couldn't remember where the wand was when it beeped.