Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Every time I ride I wear full gear so it's not really possible for me to "open carry". I have carried a few times using a IWB holster with no issue. What are your concerns?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Actually yes I have....LOL...I always carry concealed under my shirt on a belt slide holster, even when I ride my bike.. But my riding jacket tends to fly up alot when I ride with it unzippered...Alot of the Acworth Police offers are used to seein me zippin around on my KLR anyways, so they don't even blink when I ride by....

·
68,968 Posts
Taurus said:
Actually yes I have....LOL...I always carry concealed under my shirt on a belt slide holster, even when I ride my bike.. But my riding jacket tends to fly up alot when I ride with it unzippered...Alot of the Acworth Police offers are used to seein me ....
Acworth?

Would you dare to do this in Gwinnett?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I don't know to be honest..I am rarely in Gwinnett...I mainly stick to my neck 'o the woods between Acworth , Marietta and Woodstock...

Is Gwinnett a bit "reactive"?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Good grief...2 scary things there....The Gwinnett PD has a some very scary practices....

The answer would be Nope!! I think I'll just stay in Cobb ,Cherokee and Bartow...

The second scary thing in that post is all the lawyer speak..LOL...My eyes started crossing at page 2...LOL....

·
Registered
964 Posts
Taurus said:
Good grief...2 scary things there....The Gwinnett PD has a some very scary practices....

The answer would be Nope!! I think I'll just stay in Cobb ,Cherokee and Bartow...
No doubt. Add another one to the list of reasons my wife and I want to move.

I'm thinking I'm going to sew a cross-draw holster into my riding jacket...

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Lets have a running GPDO pool......who is the first member that is going to have a felony stop done to them?

·
68,968 Posts
It probably would not be a felony stop. Just, "Hey, you got a license for that?"

Or, "Hold still while I take that from you."

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
It probably would not be a felony stop.
you don't think someone is going to get a felony stop, a la the Ohio open carry guy?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
smith&wesson40 said:
has anybody ever carried while on their motocycle in open view
t-shirt tucked in owb holster with unbuttoned shirt over that
i'm sure you can see my pistol when i'm moving.

·
68,968 Posts
Rammstein said:
They didn't need any in Ohio
I thought there was enough of a question on the legality of his conduct that he lost his motion to dismiss . . .

Breaking the law while in possession of a gun is different than legally openly carrying a pistol while riding a motorcycle in Georgia.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Rammstein said:
They didn't need any in Ohio
I thought there was enough of a question on the legality of his conduct that he lost his motion to dismiss . . .

Breaking the law while in possession of a gun is different than legally openly carrying a pistol while riding a motorcycle in Georgia.
depends on what city your in :banghead: :banghead:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts