Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Sorry for the thread hijack, anyway this got me thinking (I know scary LOL).

Say you were walking around town with a rifle/shotgun in a rose box like Arnold did in the movie Terminator. Is this legal with or without a GFL?

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
ThetaReactor said:
I don't believe there's any provision for legally concealing a long arm.
Let's see:

16-11-126
(c) This Code section shall not permit, outside of his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business, the concealed carrying of a pistol, revolver, or concealable firearm by any person unless that person has on his or her person a valid license issued under Code Section 16-11-129 and the pistol, revolver, or firearm...
A shotgun or rifle is definately a firearm. If a shotgun or rifle is concealed then it is obviously a "concealable firearm."

From my reading, it looks like you can carry a concealed rifle or shotgun with a GFL.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
And now to tie this in with the original post.

Why can't you carry a concealed long gun in your car if you have the GFL?
Long guns are firearm and if they are concealed they are "concealable firearms."

The law says "pistol, revolver, or firearm.." If a firearm isn't a pistol and isn't a revolver, it must be a long gun. This seems to indicate that the legislature meant for long guns to be included.

This is why I don't believe that you have to leave a long gun in plain sight if you have a GFL.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
And now to tie this in with the original post.

Why can't you carry a concealed long gun in your car if you have the GFL?
Long guns are firearm and if they are concealed they are "concealable firearms."

The law says "pistol, revolver, or firearm.." If a firearm isn't a pistol and isn't a revolver, it must be a long gun. This seems to indicate that the legislature meant for long guns to be included.

This is why I don't believe that you have to leave a long gun in plain sight if you have a GFL.
What if you put your rifles in a case to go to the range?

I'm looking at getting a tennis racket case for the underfolder... I heard they fit in those and it occurs to me that might be a nice way to hide it at home.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
coolhead64 said:
sorry, i meant to include this in the post, i am only 20, does this have any effect, of course, i dont know how well i will fare with a loaded rifle just laid in the back seat,
(d) This Code section shall not forbid the transportation of any firearm by a person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible for a license under Code Section 16-11-129, provided the firearm is enclosed in a case, unloaded, and separated from its ammunition. This Code section shall not forbid any person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible for a license under Code Section 16-11-129 from transporting a loaded firearm in any private passenger motor vehicle in an open manner and fully exposed to view or in the glove compartment, console, or similar compartment of the vehicle; provided, however, that any person in possession of a valid permit issued pursuant to Code Section 16-11-129 may carry a handgun in any location in a motor vehicle.

Although it does not appear to specifically outlaw a loaded firearm in plain view. This subsection is just talking about what the law does not do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts