Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here carry concealed when they travel to Nevada? If so, what non-resident permit opens that up to you?

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,025 Posts
Arizona is kinda yer only option for non-res for nevada.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was very easy to get the Arizona out of state permit. It opens up 4 states, but for me, Nevada is the really the only one I care about.

·
Professional Troll
2,163 Posts
Nevada now honors Non-Res permits from both Florida and Utah.

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,025 Posts
Nevada now honors Non-Res permits from both Florida and Utah.
James is correct...NV changed their reciprocity requirements so they accept permits from ANY state that requires training...

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
James is correct...NV changed their reciprocity requirements so they accept permits from ANY state that requires training...
That is correct. The good news is that my Georgia Hunter Safety class I tool years ago was all the training I needed, so the whole thing cost me about $70.

·
Registered
579 Posts
That's cool. Where do you get that?
What's a Georgia/Utah map look like?
It's an app called CCW available for android and iPhone/ iPad ...been using it for years....saved my butt plenty of times.

My only cautionary note is to always verify apps info with states attorney general (or governing authority) websites.

Here is the Georgia/ Utah non res combo:

Edit: I did a little research and it seems Florida still is the "Best Buy" for non resident permits (especially for us Georgia folks)...besides that, with Florida being a neighboring state...I, and maybe you, tend to spend a lot of time there...and having a Florida permit speeds up any L.E.O stops there. I'm going to let my Arizona non res lapse since seems like Florida now gives me Nevada.

Here is Georgia plus Florida non res:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts