Carrying at work

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by aarolar, Dec 24, 2010.

1. aarolar

aarolar Member

I know my boss won't have an issue but I am concerned about the safety aspect of it. I work in a metal fabrication shop mostly running cutting tables, presses ect but I do alittle welding from time to time. I am about to purchase a LCP and am curious if yall thought it would be safe for me to carry in my pocket. My main concerns are fire but common sense tells me that I would be severely burnt before the gun would ever get hot enough to explode. Other than fires just the rough nature of working with steel day to day damaging the gun in my pocket. One thought I have was to use a kydex holster to better protect the gun. What thought do you guys have on the subject.

2. JMan

JMan New Member

I think if you have a good holster IWB you will not have an issue , nothing explosive unless you try and melt the gun at high temps. But being in your pocket I would not do so .

3. Ga_Regul8r

Ga_Regul8r Member

Make sure you protect any sliding or moving parts protected from spatter. One good ditty-ball and your slide won't slide, or your hammer won't fall.

4. aarolar

aarolar Member

I don't think a spatter ball would ever make it to it. Just thinking I can keep it in my back left pocket while working then it can be easily relocated to my front right when I go to lunch or on an errand.

5. galvatron

galvatron Member

I work on heavy equipment, my LCP with laser lives in my front right pocket in a Desantis pocket holster. It does get knocked around and sometimes it's a real PIA. I do the cut/grind/weld on a regular basis, and yes I've managed to light my pants on fire once or twice. If finish wear is a concern you might want to reconsider at work carry.

6. aarolar

aarolar Member

I could care less about finish wear I am more concerned with saving my life if needed. I have caught my pants and shirt on fire many times but as you know it does not take long for you to beat it out. :D