Carrying at a Movie Theater

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Tom2006, May 17, 2006.

1. Tom2006

Tom2006 New Member

What is th feeling out there with regard to carrying at a movie theater? The number of people attending can easily number more then 500 . Taking into consideration that barbecues where lage number of people are in attendence are off limits is the thinking? the same at a movie theater.

2. wwomack

wwomack New Member

My feeling is that there is a good reason I don't open carry regularly. The reason is that Georgia's law is so vague that a prosecutor could apply it to almost any situation. I don't consider it a public gathering but I'm not in any way confident that a random prosecutor and jury wouldn't charge me.

3. Broadside Bob

Broadside Bob Member

At the movies...

I do know of a couple of movie theaters in town that actually serve alcohol. Not much of a consolation, but at least you don't have to deal with the ambiguity of a "public gathering."

4. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Re: At the movies...

Really? Can you order from your seat?

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Re: At the movies...

Yes you can.

6. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Clearly, I'm attending the wrong theaters.

7. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

At this "theater" is there a stage with a pole in the middle?

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:rotfl:

:cheers:

9. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

:lol:

No but there was a place just down the road that had them. Everything cost more at that place, however the employees there are MUCH more friendly.

10. ryanblood1

ryanblood1 New Member

ive been to one of these theaters before. They also brought me a menu which had steak and burgers and all that good stuff on it. Wasn't cheap

11. LordSephiroth

LordSephiroth New Member

There are a few of those in the Atlanta area, AMC Fork & Screen is one in Buckhead. I've been to a few of them and I think it is overpriced and overrated, but drinking a margarita while watching a movie is entertaining ;)

As for carry, I know most theaters have a "no firearms" policy (Regal in particular has a corporate policy) and usually have cops posted inside. I've not open carried in one to test the water, but if you are going to carry then I would CC. As far as it being a "public gathering", that is always left up to interpretation but given the location of many theaters, I don't think I'd want to attend any without carrying.

12. Gossmann1

Gossmann1 New Member

I carry any time I go to a movie. Sometimes open, sometimes covered, I've never had an issue.

13. c3magic

c3magic New Member

My wife has been on this movie kick. and we have gone more this year than we have in the 10 years we have been married.

A few I have seen officers there, a few not so much. but the common thing i see at most every theater is Characters. I carry CC because i dont want to ruin my wifes night out by refusing to leave it in the car if i am asked to.