Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go to Chattanooga every so often and tommorrow is one of those times. In the past, I have left my gun locked in car where I can usually see it. We usually go to the same place each visit.

Can I carry a loaded gun on me in Tenn with my Ga GWL?

Could not find anything about it on Handgunlaw.us.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,725 Posts
Suburbbus said:
I go to Chattanooga every so often and tommorrow is one of those times. In the past, I have left my gun locked in car where I can usually see it. We usually go to the same place each visit.

Yes, but in Tennessee signs at places of business (with the proper wording and size) carry weight. Also, you can carry in a restaurant (not a bar) that serves alcohol, you just are not allowed by law to drink any adult beverage while there.

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
Suburbbus said:

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry ... _maps.html

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phil1979 said:
Suburbbus said:

Yes, but in Tennessee signs at places of business (with the proper wording and size) carry weight. Also, you can carry in a restaurant (not a bar) that serves alcohol, you just are not allowed by law to drink any adult beverage while there.
I kinda thought so, but thought I would ask other opinions. We usually are only in TN for an hour or so, then head back to friends house in Ringgold Ga.

That was one thing I did notice about the signs in TN. Yikes, glad it is not like that here. Other than Toys R Us, I cannot remember seeing any "No Firearms" signs anywhere here at home.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mark5019 said:
Suburbbus said:

I know that my permit is honored, I just did not know about carrying "cocked and locked".

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
Suburbbus said:
mark5019 said:
Suburbbus said:

I know that my permit is honored, I just did not know about carrying "cocked and locked".
i would call

Contact Us:
Lieutenant Robert Eckerman
Lisa Knight, Manager
1150 Foster Avenue
Nashville, TN 37243
(866) 849-3548

·
Banned
1,639 Posts
You can carry with one in the chamber.

Someone earlier in the thread said correctly worded signs carry weight, this is true, but gunbusters signs also carry legal weight. If you carry past any sign it could be a class A misdemeanor (11 mo 29 days in jail and/or $2500). :)

No notification is required, but you must show your permit/license if requested by law enforcement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts