Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...I am reading some post, not just here but around the nation and I see where people carry the state laws with them. Well I am wanting to build an application (for windows mobile at first) where my wife and I can carry the current laws on our PDA phones. we both carry open and we have yet to be stopped or questioned, but, when the time comes I want to be prepared.

I can creat it in word format or even mobile PDF. I would also like to have so that you can index it based on situation.

Feel free to PM me or even post suggestions on here. I will provide this to anyone that wants it FREE and when there are updates and improvements I will make those available as well.

PASS THE WORD AROUND, the more input I get the better the application will be. It will take me some time to build it but it should be worth it. You never know, GPDO and GCO may even want it to be put on thier website for download. Again.....I will build it and I will GIVE IT AWAY FOR FREE!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dcannon1 said:
http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=56499&hilit=app
Reading this it is based for the Android OS, and some mention to the iPhone OS.......
Most all Android, iPhone, Windows, and Blackberry OS's have the capability of reading the PDF or Mobile PDF format so it would or should work regardless of the mobile platform you carry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,548 Posts
Adam5 said:
I think that mobile PDF would be a good option.
But with a PDF how would you keep up with changes to the law? It would even be desirable to at least have some talking points from court cases that determine how the laws are interpreted. I know many people carry copies of relevant case law as well when OCing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dcannon1 said:
Adam5 said:
I think that mobile PDF would be a good option.
But with a PDF how would you keep up with changes to the law? It would even be desirable to at least have some talking points from court cases that determine how the laws are interpreted. I know many people carry copies of relevant case law as well when OCing
Good point and question.....Keeping current with state law would be first issue, I would suggest that in the program it gives you the option to send an email to make aware of current active laws that are not current in the app. As far as case laws then maybe either make an option for you to add that , OR, again....send the suggestion as well as reason and have it added.

This would be totally updateable.
 

·
Senior Mumbler
Joined
·
6,671 Posts
I would love to be able to browse LexisNexis with my WinMo Phone just like I do at home, but it only displays the Advanced Search version, not the normal search with the collapsed code sections below. :x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
phantoms said:
I would love to be able to browse LexisNexis with my WinMo Phone just like I do at home, but it only displays the Advanced Search version, not the normal search with the collapsed code sections below. :x
I am the same way...My wife and I use a Samsung Omnia II running Windows Mobile 6.5 pro and I run into the same thing..... :(
 

·
Senior Mumbler
Joined
·
6,671 Posts
IcarryOPEN said:
phantoms said:
I would love to be able to browse LexisNexis with my WinMo Phone just like I do at home, but it only displays the Advanced Search version, not the normal search with the collapsed code sections below. :x
I am the same way...My wife and I use a Samsung Omnia II running Windows Mobile 6.5 pro and I run into the same thing..... :(
Had a OmniaII that died on me last year. Amazing crisp and vivid picture. Using a HTC HD2 now (still WinMo 6.5).

I've tried LexisNexis with the stock Opera 9.5 browser, the IE mobile browser, Opera 10.1 Mobile (my current browser) and the Firefox Fennec Aplha browser (never did work right for me) all to no avail. I imagine Skyfire would of been our best shot, but WinMo support was dropped as was there proxy browsing approach which allowed almost any web content to work with mobile phones. Now they are basically like all other mobile browsers in the way they work and what they support.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
[b][colorPLEASE VISIT THESE LINKS, If you are a GA Citizen, with a GWL, YOU NEED THIS ON YOUR PERSON. I acquire the new edition every year and believe me, the LEOs out there DO NOT KNOW THE LATEST CHANGES TO OCGA. Possesion of these in a interaction with a LEO has prevented me getting traffic tickets and being HARRASED for OC AND CC. GET EM. . .they are cheap and worth every penny. AFTER ALL THIS IS WHAT THE COPS CARRY. . . . . . .HELL OF A DEAL AND YOU CAN GET TRAFFIC, CRIMANAL AND A CD OF ALL OF IT TO UPLOAD TO YOUR PDA . . . NUFF SAID. . .HERE ARE THE LINKS
http://www.pocketpressinc.com/Books.htm=#BF0040]
[/b][/color]
 

·
Senior Mumbler
Joined
·
6,671 Posts
47Cowboy said:
[b][colorPLEASE VISIT THESE LINKS, If you are a GA Citizen, with a GWL, YOU NEED THIS ON YOUR PERSON. I acquire the new edition every year and believe me, the LEOs out there DO NOT KNOW THE LATEST CHANGES TO OCGA. Possesion of these in a interaction with a LEO has prevented me getting traffic tickets and being HARRASED for OC AND CC. GET EM. . .they are cheap and worth every penny. AFTER ALL THIS IS WHAT THE COPS CARRY. . . . . . .HELL OF A DEAL AND YOU CAN GET TRAFFIC, CRIMANAL AND A CD OF ALL OF IT TO UPLOAD TO YOUR PDA . . . NUFF SAID. . .HERE ARE THE LINKS
http://www.pocketpressinc.com/Books.htm=#BF0040]
[/b][/color]
I assume you me http://www.pocketpressinc.com/Books/Georgia.htm

There's also LexisNexis books - http://www.lexisnexis.com/store/catalog/catalog.jsp?pageName=catalogProducts&catId=993&id=367
and West publishing - http://west.thomson.com/store/Searc...1&N=4294967223&Ntpr=1&Ne=5&Ntk=KEYWORD-SEARCH
 

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
Joined
·
4,026 Posts
the iPhone has one already its called Legal Heat...i have it on my iPod.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,702 Posts
rabbivj said:
the iPhone has one already its called Legal Heat...i have it on my iPod.
I have Legal Heat as well and I am not that happy with it. Even looking at it from a firearm laws viewpoint, it seems to be lacking, for me, at least. I guess I am just hard to please. :cantsay:

I would like to have access to a .pdf, mobile or not, that lays out the laws in a way where we can see an overview of each law, with a link to the full law for reference. I can sort of visualize how it would be laid out, but the screen real estate is really limited and the amount of information that can be viewed would be rather limited. It would be an further limited for those with visual impairments.

I currently have, along with Legal Heat, the .pdf files from handgunlaws.us that I view through iBooks(I have an iPhone 3G S). I put them on my phone by using PuTTy(I have my iPhone "jail-broken), but I believe you can add .pdf files using iTunes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,548 Posts
Montezuma said:
rabbivj said:
the iPhone has one already its called Legal Heat...i have it on my iPod.
I have Legal Heat as well and I am not that happy with it. Even looking at it from a firearm laws viewpoint, it seems to be lacking, for me, at least. I guess I am just hard to please. :cantsay:

I would like to have access to a .pdf, mobile or not, that lays out the laws in a way where we can see an overview of each law, with a link to the full law for reference. I can sort of visualize how it would be laid out, but the screen real estate is really limited and the amount of information that can be viewed would be rather limited. It would be an further limited for those with visual impairments.

I currently have, along with Legal Heat, the .pdf files from handgunlaws.us that I view through iBooks(I have an iPhone 3G S). I put them on my phone by using PuTTy(I have my iPhone "jail-broken), but I believe you can add .pdf files using iTunes.
Here ya go, just make a bookmark in your mobile browser: http://www.georgiapacking.org/law.php and http://handgunlaw.us/
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top