Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious,
can a stranger carrying and has a valid CCW enter your property outside or inside without your permission.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
There would be nothing illegal about a stranger carrying concealed coming on my property to knock on my door to invite me to church Sunday (for example).

Coming inside without permission, carrying or not, would be a more gray area I suppose.

Can you be more specific with the circumstances pertaining to your question?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There would be nothing illegal about a stranger carrying concealed coming on my property to knock on my door to invite me to church Sunday (for example).

Coming inside without permission, carrying or not, would be a more gray area I suppose.

Can you be more specific with the circumstances pertaining to your question?
Had a guy early this morning walk around the perimeter of my home and pulled a firearm out just before he got back in his vehicle and looked like he stored it somewhere.

Neighbor told me he did this to another homeowner and they confronted him and he said he had a license to carry a firearm and it was legal.

Just doesn't seem like a legit CCW person since I carry and would never walk onto to someone's property I don't know un announced unless I thought someone on the property was in grave danger.

At least I know to draw first before I step out on my porch if they come back.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Him carrying was legal so long as he has a GWCL. Him walking around on your property might be questionable, and certainly if you asked him to leave and he refused he might be guilty of trespassing, but the firearm really doesn't factor into the equation as far as I can see.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I would add to what the others have said that I do not recommend that you step out on the porch and draw first just because you see him again. If you feel threatened, I wouldn't recommend leaving the relative safety of the indoors to confront him with you're drawn firearm. Call 911 and report the trespasser. Otherwise you may find that when the police come, they let him walk away and you take a ride in custody.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts