Carry in Hospitals?

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Bulldawg182, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

How about CCW in hospitals? I'm heading down to Emory Hospital this week and am not sure if I can carry in the hospital itself?

2. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

G2,
    If the hospital is municiple run/owned or a university run/owned that would be a definite no, no.
    If the hospital is privately owned and the ER is municiple run you can carry concealed until you get to the ER, like Kennestone Hosp. :?: :?:
    Take care,

3. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Thanks....I guess Emory would be considered University owned and as such off limits.

4. Taurus

Taurus New Member

I was wondering that myself...Bummer! Emory and and Grady are just in 2 incredibly safe areas to.... LOL.... :roll:

They should allow carry at Grady, since everyone that's in there has been shot anyways.... Kidding....

5. qre2457

qre2457 New Member

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (Egleston and Scottish Rite) are also Emory run. I believe Crawford Long is as well.

6. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

My father-in-law was at Emory all last week and the nurses tried to kill him, so be careful... I couldn't even cc to come to his rescue. They cut the wrong thing in surgery and then kept poisoning him with the wrong stuff and then left all of his bandages and linens for a week... clamped off his intestines from working for 30 hrs when they had been told to do it for 6 hrs max from the doctor.... blah blah blah... I know... It's supposed to be one of the best...

Plus, I found out the hard way that there are three (3) Emory Hospitals... all related to the University of course which makes them off-limits.

GA Laws suck.

7. qre2457

qre2457 New Member

The "hidden" owners is a bit ridiculous. Quit frankly, I would like to see a standard GA sign on ALL off-limit hospitals and publicly-owned places (only used for those places that really are off limits legally). For those of us trying our best to respect the law, it is a bit nutty.

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

[​IMG]

I sure do love my IWB holster. 8)